Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Another 57 items in the Recycle Bin after working in PD--why?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I commented on this early in my usage of PD - but it still baffles me. After working on a project, there are always over 50 items in my computer's recycle bin--and not from me deleting files--the program does it. Very odd--But, I was told before it's normal, so I guess it is. Just can't figure out why the program is doing that, instead of just evaporating whatever it is it doesn't need to use from the session?

rbowser
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there Randy -

Those files in the recycle bin? Have you checked to see what they are?

Are they temp files? What setting have you chosen under Preferences > General > Auto delete temporary files?

I have my PC set to just automatically delete files, so I don't get to see what's in the Recycle Bin (which, of course, doesn't recycle anything).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi there Randy -

Those files in the recycle bin? Have you checked to see what they are?

Are they temp files? What setting have you chosen under Preferences > General > Auto delete temporary files?

I have my PC set to just automatically delete files, so I don't get to see what's in the Recycle Bin (which, of course, doesn't recycle anything).

Cheers - Tony

Hi, Tony

I'll look more carefully next time, but I'm pretty sure they were folders of menu items. In PD Preferences, I have temp files on auto delete every day, the most often available.

Hmmmm, I always manually delete. Un-needed back up copies of projects, dud versions of things, and I prefer to always have the warning pop-up "Are you sure you want to delete." I always know what's in my Recycle Bin, and it's rare for anything to stay in there more than five minutes.

The odd thing is that I've never seen any program, in all these years, that uses a computer's Recycle Bin this way. If there's a temp file the program doesn't need, it goes into a temp folder and either goes >poof!< when the program is closed, or when the computer is shut down.

I guess it doesn't matter - It just strikes as such odd programming. Oh well!

rbowser