Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
audio file sonuds like noise
A.Gil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2011 04:46 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I am trying to add an mp3 file as audio to my video, however when previewing it sounds like random noise.
the file is ok, it plays well on medoa player, and on PD9 in the preview windowe when played from the library.

Also. this same file played [erfectly on other projects in the past. just wont play on the new ones i open!

Other mp3 files i checked, all worl well.

Any Help ... ?

A G
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
There is a gremlin in Powerdirector 9 that likes to eat your MP3 audio.

It is a bug that happens at random times. It seems to happen most often with variable-rate MP3.

Try re-starting Powerdirector.

Save your project, close Powerdirector.
Then re-open your PDS file.

Maybe the sound will be OK now.

The work around is to convert your MP3 into WAV or WMA.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2011 22:41

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
+1 to the advice to work with .wav files. I understand, A.Gil, that you're probably using audio you found in the MP3 format - but that's a compressed audio file meant for easy distribution on the internet, not for tasks like editing video.

If you're doing your own audio, definitely work in the .wav format. If you're dealing with found audio which has already been reduced to the MP3 format, then get any of the hundreds of programs which can convert it to .wav. You won't have any improved sonic quality, since it's already been compromised by the MP3 compression, but at least it will work in PD and other video editing programs.

rbowser