Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sorry a little rant but it may help someone.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
I have been trying to work out how to warp my video to fit sideways into a projector screen. I checked out the manual and it said........ It's easy just make sure you are in clip mode and grab the corners of your video and warp it any way you like........What they forgot to mention is it is not the corners of the video but a tiny tiny little blue square in the corner you have to click on not the actual corner.

How hard would it be to mention that in the manual or for that matter make the blue square actually large enough to see the bl##dy thing, these eyes are getting old you know.

Thanks I feel better now. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Pardon me Robert...... but would you please make your text a little larger so I can read it????

Thanks so much......

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Bubba for my smile of the day. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Hey--I didn't know about this! I thought from previous threads that people were saying we couldn't work with changing the perspective, except to use the "swing" effect, which has its limitations.

I mean, you said "warp," but I think you mean changing the perspective i.e. one side is shorter than the other - right?

This is great - Thanks for pointing it out!

RB
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Hi RB,

Glad my little rant helped you. "Warp"/ "Change Perspective" as long as it works for you, we all win.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2011 01:16

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi RB,

Glad my little rant helped you. "Warp"/ "Change Perspective" as long as it works for you, we all win.

Yeah, it's great - I don't know why on other threads people were saying you had to use the "swing" effect. This is much better.

RB
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I don't know why on other threads people were saying you had to use the "swing" effect. This is much better.

Probably because those suggestions where made in the PD"9" forum, not here in the PD10 forum.
And because this free form AR adjustment tool is not available in PD"9", but is only available as a new feature exclusive to the new PD10.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 20. 2011 01:44

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I tried that, but forgot to un-tick aspect! Now that's a reason to consider buying! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I don't know why on other threads people were saying you had to use the "swing" effect. This is much better.

Probably because those suggestions where made in the PD"9" forum, not here in the PD10 forum.
And because this free form AR adjustment tool is not available in PD"9", but is only available as a new feature exclusive to the new PD10.

Ha! Yes, well now that would explain it!

Thanks for the explanation, Cranston. I keep getting fouled up on what forum I'm on. I get an auto-email about a topic, I click, read, respond - and when it's early morning, and I'm sipping my first cuppa joe - I don't notice where I am!

It's good to know that PD now has the perspective tool - it's a very useful thing to have.

RB
Bubba in TX
[Post New]
And while we are ranting....

Why are we still FORCED to put in a COMPANY name during installation???? That is COMPLETELY ASININE.... to be "forced" to do that before you can continue..... seeing as how I assume that MORE individuals buy PD than companies...

That's one of those things that has always got to me. Also with the upgrade I have already found out that you must install PD9 AND enter the key before PD10 upgrade will start the install process.... so I would have been better off buying the full package and will probably have to...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 21. 2011 12:54

**NOTICE**

DXDIAG Link