Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Question about Producing
Drujba_Dreptatii
Newbie Location: Romania Joined: Oct 17, 2011 19:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way of making the program produce only the selection, so that if I have a 3 hour movie and I split it into the desired number of clips, only the selected/highlited in blue parts are produced not the entire 3 hours of the movie. This would help couse I wouldnt have to cut and paste the upcoming clips all the time.

Thank you, and sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm really new to this program

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2011 19:47

Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
An easy solution would be to save the entire project as it is, then close it. Reopen the project and edit/remove the unwanted parts as you like and save that part under a different name, i.e. AAA1 and AAA2. This way you retain the entire thing under the first save but are able to produce only the desired parts. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
Drujba_Dreptatii
Newbie Location: Romania Joined: Oct 17, 2011 19:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: An easy solution would be to save the entire project as it is, then close it. Reopen the project and edit/remove the unwanted parts as you like and save that part under a different name, i.e. AAA1 and AAA2. This way you retain the entire thing under the first save but are able to produce only the desired parts.

Great workaround, that is what I need right now, thanx a bunch
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
You are quite welcome. Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy all the help here as much as I do!

Cheers!
Kevin R. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
That is a strange omission in PD - the inability to produce whatever segment of a project we want. In my previous video software, I got very spoiled with the ability to export/render/produce just the "work area," which was delineated with time line markers--something like the yellow ones in PD which don't seem to serve much purpose.

The work around works - but it's such an odd and clumsy routine needed for what I thought was a pretty basic task of video software.

rbowser
Kevin R.
[Post New]
There may be a way I'm not familiar with. We are all just users of the product ourselves. Some of the more senior guys can tell you much more than I can. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.