Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
quick question
MissFelixia [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2011 09:49 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
how may i check everything is installed for power director 10 ultra. i have searched for anything telling me and cant find much. it says i got no content packs installed in upgrade and not sure if it should tell me cause am supposed to have romance pack. now am not sure if i got everything installed. any key things it should have so i can check if all this is installed or not?
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
if you ordered and got confirming e-mail there should be download links, There is 4 files to download altogether
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
MissFelixia [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
if you ordered and got confirming e-mail there should be download links, There is 4 files to download altogether
Jim
yes i got those and i downloaded them however i kinda remember power director 6 and it had alot of the stuff i already have, i might have everything installed however i was just wondering any way to check they are installed like a list of things in the packs?what is that thing in updates where it says installed packs cause if romance pack is supposed to show up there then i may not have them i wish they were all in 1 installation
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Ok..ai don't know if there is a way to tell either cause PD10 Ultra 'picks up' content that was installed by pD9 and some of my custom stuff also. I don't know how far back in regards to provious content it goes.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
Ok..ai don't know if there is a way to tell either cause PD10 Ultra 'picks up' content that was installed by pD9 and some of my custom stuff also. I don't know how far back in regards to provious content it goes.
Jim

In my case, I was able to get back to my custom stuff. In fact, I moved it to a new, separate directory so I could keep track of it more easily.

The PD9 update did not "preserve" the old PD9 content, but it does include that stuff. I found that the name of one of the gizmos changed, so I had a missing PIP object when I tried to open a work in progress.

I suggest packaging any existing projects with PD9 before going forward. You can always continue to work on a project after you package it. Jerry Schwartz
MissFelixia [Avatar]
[Post New]
i just bought 10 so no previous versions i guess i have everything then so 1 last question is is there a text document or wordpad version of the manual you can download as i'd like to learn these custom animations? i didnt even know you could make custom ones. i'll get pdf thing to view the manuals now
James1
[Post New]
Hi,I don't know about manuals yet being out but if you go to support there may be something posted there, and PDtoots channel has some videos pertaining to earlier version but some things are similar in a lot of ways.

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Link to User Guides, in PDF fromat.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/userguide_en_GB.html

There is a PD 10 user guide there. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Also - there's this http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2011/Q1/pdr9-book/index.jsp - written for PD9, but still applies to PD10, even though it obviously doesn't include the new 3D facilities.

I think the PD10 version of this book is still in the pipeline.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MissFelixia [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Also - there's this http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2011/Q1/pdr9-book/index.jsp - written for PD9, but still applies to PD10, even though it obviously doesn't include the new 3D facilities.

I think the PD10 version of this book is still in the pipeline.

Cheers - Tony
ok thank you i will look at them now i thought that would be the last question but i have one for you since you sound like you know power director but does anyone know why HD preview can lag? despite the fact i have 16gB RAM 6 core processor and a good graphics card? it lagged on my laptop when i had pd 6 that i can understand but lagging on a good pc doesnt make sense these are slideshows with like 1 sec transistions that go to the music. lq plays fine i havnt tested the upload yet am hopeing that will play smoothly then again is it cause i got the images saved on external hard drive it just clicked now that it has to acess the images from the hard drive x.x i think i will start doing projects on my computer from now on it makes me sad to see them in lq
update uploaded vid is hq and runs really fine thats good

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16. 2011 20:16

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Felixia -

I have what I'd consider to be a reasonable PC - Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, NVIDIA GTX 260, 8GB RAM - & I get lag when previewing in Full HD, & sometimes HD.

What's your graphics card? Do you have the latest driver installed?

Cheers - Tony
MissFelixia [Avatar]
[Post New]
i think this is my graphics card i hope its good to it was expensive i think its its AMD radeon 6700 series and its up to date. i can watch hd videos perfectly fine and play all my games in HD full graphics really fine to. my computer tempreture is only 40o c but the saved video is really smooth since it saves it slowly. am glad its not just me that has lag for preview
ynotfish
[Post New]
On this benchmarks chart, you'll see the GTX 260 falls between the Radeon 6750 & 6770, with the 6790 rated a good bit higher.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+6750

Processing HD video while editing is generally regarded as being more intensive work for the PC than gaming... & when previewing in full HD, it's even harder.

Cheers - Tony
MissFelixia [Avatar]
[Post New]
thank you i see now am glad the project saves fine it views in high quality pretty fine to so now everything is ok thank you
please tell me there is some kinda patch to enable uploading vids longer than 15min to youtube? or am i going to have to use windows movie maker to upload them? i found a regedit thing that may allow me is it safe?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 17. 2011 11:19