Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Media Source Error. A front-end graph streaming error occurred - audio not playing?
MissFelixia [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2011 09:49 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
when i try to load a saved project i get Media Source Error. A front-end graph streaming error occurred and images are fine just music doesnt play. when removing music from the libary and trying to reimpotrt it nothing happens its like it cant import it anymore. music is in the same location however i have these saved on an external hard drive. i'd like to know how to avoid this error on loading a project since i spend around 2 hours on a project just to save it then not being able to load it. i have power director 10 ultra. did i install it wrong? i will try importing the project into a new project see if that works. the music file that isnt working after load is WAV format
update just found out even starting a new project doesnt work :/ none of my music is playing yet it played perfectly fine yesterday when i first used it

nvm i fixed it lesson here is to make sure the drive is plugged in and working wierd that it loaded images though
its all working now >.< i think this needs to be looked at though like cant detect drive or something that wouldve been a better message to give me rather than media error which i never understood at all

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 16. 2011 13:41

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Felixia -

This is really just a workflow issue.

It's absolutely best (more error free) to have your project's media files stored on the same drive as PD, for the duration of your project.

That said, I quite often "minor" import files from external drives (graphics etc). I'm just aware of the pitfalls.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
I am using PD-10 Ultra and have received a similar error message, to wit: "A front-end graph streaming error occurred."
There was nothing mentioned about it being a video or audio error... just a 'front-end graph streaming error.'

I have been trying to burn a 53-minute movie now for over a week and the disk stops playing, usually towards the end of the movie... but each time in different locations. I am at my wits-end trying to decipher what it is that is preempting a successful burn of the movie. I have eliminated various special effects (thinking one or more of them might be defective) and doing other minor adjustments on the tracks, and then re-producing the movie again, only to have the production disk stop playing again. The audio and video components of the movie work great and look great.

The above-referenced error message surfaced for the the first time today. I subsequently deleted PD-10 from my computer and reinstalled it today. Upon re-booting the movie, the error message reappeared.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Fraustrated Lon
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
The "front-end graph streaming error" message is a bug in PD10 as far as I'm concerned. I have reported the matter. For me the message was triggered when I tried to play through a split 3D clip and the message displayed at the split point.

I did note that the Particle I'd made was still 2D and not 3D (activated). The custom Particle displayed from the split mark - I did wonder if that could have triggered the message. I haven't investigated the issue any further.

For me the message was random and hard to pinpoint.

Source material can be stored on internal or external drives (make sure they're awake*) and do not need to be on C drive. Remember to have spare processing capacity for each.
*I use a ping software, thanks to Bubba, which keeps the USB externals active and not going into sleep mode.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 14. 2011 04:21

[Post New]
Thanks for that! My movie is strictly 2D. In my initial post, I stated the audio portion was fine. I was wrong! Since that
error message popped up, my audio is gone!

So, bottom line??? If it's truly a "bug" in PD-10, it becomes a waiting game, right? In the meantime, I can't produce the movie and present it to my sister (who commissioned me to make the movie for her).

Thanks again for answering my post in such an expeditions manner.

Lon
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
A Media Source error message can be triggered by a fault in the file or a lack of codec on your system. If the audio file plays elsewhere then consider changing the file format to wma for example, and then bringing it back into PD10 to complete the project.

There are a lot of free programs available for audio file conversion. Worth a try to get around a problem.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Thanks for that! I gotta tell you what I did... I downloaded the PD-10 patch and the error completely disappeared. Explain that one to me (lol)!! After downloading the patch, my audio was working again and I have not seen the error
message since! Small miracles never cease to exist.