Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Long time to change transition length - my solution
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
Since PD 8 I have complained to tech support and forum about my dislike for the unusual length of time to apply a length change of a transition already on the track.

I happily just upgraded to PD 10 and, despite the wonderful new features that I am enjoying, the transition length problem continued to take up to a minute each time (an eternity in software times. My workaround was to use the Preferences to change the default time to make the change instantly as I applied the transition between photos.

UNTIL . . . I inadvertently changed the Behavior of the transition in PD 10, which I learned about in the tutorial which displayed its new graphic window. I had left it at "Overlap" default over all the versions as it didn't matter to me. Now, as I evaluated Cross versus Overlap, I noticed with delight that in changing the length of the transition, in accomplished instantaneously when my choice is"Cross."

I wonder if I'm the only one who has observed this solution. I think a number of users have complained about this in the past.

Bill Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Great tip, Bill - I think you'll be generally happier with "Cross" as the default action anyway. "Overlap" can cause all sorts of problems if the user isn't ready for their clips to become totally out of sync with the timing they had previous to overlapping.

RB