Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No HDMI 1.4 3D on NVIDIA cards on Windows 8 Dev Preview
tHE uKER [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2011 21:14 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I recently switched to Windows 8 Developer Preview as my primary OS and it seems there's no way to get HDMI 1.4 3D from PowerDVD using an NVIDIA card.

When I try to switch to 3D, a message says "The content or device does not support this mode."

I tried both "HDMI 1.4" and "NVIDIA 3D Vision" modes, and tried enabling and disabling 3D Vision from NVIDIA's control panel.
I've also tried both the latest drivers from NVIDIA's site (285.38) and the ones delivered via Windows Update (285.16).
I'm on the latest patch (2114).

The same setup works without problems in Windows 7 (save for the problem I reported before where 3D doesn't work if you disable 3D Vision in NVIDIA's control panel).

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Oct 12. 2011 22:03

tHE uKER [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any word on this?
All other 3D players and games work just fine in Windows 8.
This must be some capability check that PowerDVD is doing in a way that's pickier than really needed.
tHE uKER [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can I at least get an acknowledgement that you have read this and are aware that 3D is currently broken in Windows 8?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Windows 8 is only available as a developer preview right now, so we can not make any statement about the behaviour on the final OS.

Greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
tHE uKER [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, I sure know I'm not talking about a final OS.
Just thought I could help you futureproof your product before the actual thing comes out, which is the whole point of them releasing a preview in the first place.

Also, I figured it had to be someting easily fixable, since I have several other 3D video players and PowerDVD is the only one that stopped working when I made the switch to Windows 8.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 11. 2011 06:51

tHE uKER [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just thought I'd add that I ran the Blu-ray 3D advisor and it's a pass on all items, so it's only PowerDVD that's broken.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

nothing is broken - Windows 8 is not released yet, nor all specs are known and defined.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan