Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
30 days to activate features
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
The documentation for PD10 (and I assume PD9) says

When using the import/export feature of MPEG2, H.264 file and burning DVD/AVCHD/Blu-ray Disc in CyberLink PowerDirector, these features require activation via an Internet connection the first time they are used. Activation is fast, easy, and free.

Does that mean each feature has to be activated separately? I imported an MPG2, and there was an activation at that time. I then burnt a DVD, and there was no activation.

Did I activate all of the features in one shot? Jerry Schwartz
[Post New]
Each feature must be activated separately. There is also one when you choose to produce an AVCHD and BD.(I think).
Total of 3 components that must be activated within 30 days.
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The documentation for PD10 (and I assume PD9) says

When using the import/export feature of MPEG2, H.264 file and burning DVD/AVCHD/Blu-ray Disc in CyberLink PowerDirector, these features require activation via an Internet connection the first time they are used. Activation is fast, easy, and free.

Does that mean each feature has to be activated separately? I imported an MPG2, and there was an activation at that time. I then burnt a DVD, and there was no activation.

Did I activate all of the features in one shot?

I'm confused, then. When I burnt a DVD, I wasn't asked to activate.

I'm concerned because there are some features that I might not use for awhile. Jerry Schwartz
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
This was true in PD9 also - features that had to be activated. I thought you had 30 days from the first day you tried to use them - not starting from the time you installed the program.

RB
[Post New]
30 days from date of first use or 30 days from date of program install...whichever it is, this is a failure on the part of Cyberlink to not make the component activation part of the install/registration process!!

Just my humble opinion! Hey, rbowser...just don't click it for 30 days and LET US KNOW!! LOL

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 12. 2011 20:58

rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: 30 days from date of first use or 30 days from date of program install...whichever it is, it is COMPLETE LAZINESS on the part of Cyberlink to not make the component activation part of the install/registration process!!

Just my humble opinion!

OK, but I'd kind of like to know for sure if it's from the date of installation or from the time a component is first accessed. Someone here must know.

RB
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I do believe from what we have seen it is from DATE OF INSTALLATION. Besides just go render the same project in each format and you will be done. You don't have to burn a DVD just render it to file. __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
My very old video editing program used the activation system to save them paying royalties for sections never used. Their system worked the first time you tried the new codec etc, NOT 30 days from when you bought the program.

I know Cyberlink has done some stupid things but surely they are not stupid enough to lock people out of areas of their program just because they don't use it within 30 days. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Two comments:
1. Why would CL think we wanted to produce to things like DVDs and files using their NLE..just silliness.
2. Yes, I do think they would lock people out:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=search&action=search&search_keywords=component+activation+&match_type=all&search_forum=67&sort_by=relevance

Now, don't misunderstand me..I am sure they have SOME logical reason (like keeping people from activating/running the software on two machines), I just thought it could be implemented differently.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2011 23:12

Tara [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2012 20:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I accidentally didn't activate the MPEG2 codecs before the 30 days were up and now I can't activate it at all. It keeps saying that the codecs activation failed.

How would I go about activating the codecs? Do I need to download something?
[Post New]
Am I missing something? I've run every version of Power Director since 7, and I don't think I've ever been prompted to activate a component. I just installed PD10 on a new computer and I've tried producing in all of the formats, and still no activation prompt.

Is this something everyone should be seeing? PowerDirector 10 Ultra
Dell XPS Studio - i7 3.4 GHz / 8 GB RAM / Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Excuse my ignorance but this thread has me even more confused!
Can't we get a simple, accurate answer direct from Cyberlink?

Like others, I have not used 'all' the many 'Produce' possibilities and I have been away on vacation since I installed PD10. But those outputs that I have tried to use seem to function OK. I might add that I am really enjoying the PD10 experience. CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
This has been hashed over many times in the forum since implementation and never a real clear disposition, other than not a desired user feature. This is what CL provided: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=10835&prodId=4&prodVerId=848 and probably the best we will see. I've read every new release EULA for more info and the details are not there that I have found.

If you miss the activate window, it appears you need to contact CL support with all your purchase credentials to have the chance to activate again.

Jeff
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff for the link ... it all seems straight forward and it does not seem to be a 'time issue'.

When using import output feature of MPEG2, H.264 file and burning DVD/AVCHD/Blu-ray Disc, these features require activation via an Internet connection the first time they are used. Activation is fast, easy, and free. CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
francky.jul* [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 29, 2021 01:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I just bought Power DVD 21. I have an activation key. But when I launch the application, I have an activation window that opens and tells me that I only have so many days to activate and that the server cannot connect to the internet while internet works very well. I do not understand. If anyone can help me ... Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like you posted in the PowerDirector (video editing software) forum by mistake. Click on New Post here so the right people will see your request.