Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Volume fluctuations on music track-UPDATE: Not in final burn
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I'm primarily a musician. I'm currently putting together a music video, with one of my songs as the sound track.

I know my track intimately, so know for sure that the volume fluctuations I'm hearing, as well as a phasing artifact, are things not in the original track, but are being introduced in PD9.

Being a music video, the first thing placed in the time line was my produced music track. Then I started working with the images and vid clips I'd set up in a folder for the project.

As I make more and more edits with the visuals, fades, transitions, FX - the music is being effected. I don't think the wave form image is changing - there's no visual confirmation of changes being made, no unintentional slices or anything like that. The volume line is steady at the default 50.

But during play back, the volume will suddenly zoom up, then down again. And, as I said, I can hear that the stereo isn't being properly processed - there's a phase issue being introduced.

Is anyone familiar with this, and if so, do you have any info or tips about it?

RB

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2011 20:50

Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
did you lock the audio track, so that any transitions you inserted above it would not be applied to the sound? Many transitions will act upon the audio as well, fading one clip (or mixing) then ramping up again. That might appear in audio as dip in volume.

ps. I am really having to edit too many messages because of the auto complete function. anyone know how to shut that feature off on this forum?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 29. 2011 17:18

RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: did you lock the audio track, so that any transitions you inserted above it would not be applied to the sound? Many transitions will act upon the audio as well, fading one clip (or mixing) then ramping up again. That might appear in audio as dip in volume.

ps. I am really having to edit too many messages because of the auto complete function. anyone know how to shut that feature off on this forum?

Oh wow - No, I haven't been locking the sound track. I've never heard of image effects doing anything to audio--!--OK, that sounds like the solution though, since the volume is going up and down and there are a lot of fades in the video. Those pesky "Rendered" sections make the volume jump also.

Thanks!
--auto complete?--Sorry I can't help you. Doesn't seem to happen for me here.

RB
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
--follow up. I deleted the track, re-imported, re-inserted and locked it.---but--still sound issues, and they seem to be linked to wherever I have those darned Rendered sections that I apparently don't need. Those files have done Something, there's music on them, and that's playing at the same time as the real sound track, causing the phasing, and also some volume changes.

-----

EDIT: Update - I stopped to burn the project to folder, so I could check on how the sound would come out. It seems fine. Good deal.

RB

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2011 20:51