Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So--ideas how to roll back the NIVIDIA driver when that's not available in the control panel?-SOLVED
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
It's such a bummer, non-stop crashes and freezes. NIVIDIA freaks out and drags PD9 to a close--non-stop in my new project.

I was given the advice some time ago to go to Control Panel and roll back the driver - but that option is greyed out.

If the old driver is available at the NIVIDIA site, I can't find it.

All I know is I can't get work done. Clues?

rbowser

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2011 10:25

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Are you looking in the Nvidia Control Panel or Device Manager?

Hope that helps - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Are you looking in the Nvidia Control Panel or Device Manager?

Hope that helps - Tony

Hi, Tony - I'm looking in the computer's Device Manager, exactly as you've shown in the screen shot. Rolling back isn't an option - it's greyed out.

And I'm stuck with a video card, or at least it's driver, which doesn't work very well with PD9--um, or the other way around perhaps.

rbowser
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]

Here - I did a screen shot of exactly what you're showing. As you can see - I cannot roll back.

rbowser
[Thumb - video-driver.jpg]
 Filename
video-driver.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
171 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
303 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Go to Nvidia and download the driver you wish, do a custom install and select clean option. Go read the KB at Nvidia, http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2900/kw/remove%20old%20driver%20clean%20install

"If you have experienced install problems in the past, we offer "Perform clean install" which will remove all previous NVIDIA drivers and NVIDIA registry entries from your computer. "

Jeff
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Go to Nvidia and download the driver you wish, do a custom install and select clean option. Go read the KB at Nvidia, http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2900/kw/remove%20old%20driver%20clean%20install

"If you have experienced install problems in the past, we offer "Perform clean install" which will remove all previous NVIDIA drivers and NVIDIA registry entries from your computer. "

Jeff

AH, good deal, Jeff. Before my computer went haywire (only a month into its life--long boring story) I did that "perform clean install" option with the new driver. Thanks for the link - I couldn't find my way to it today, too frustrated I guess. I'll do that. I'm pretty sure things were OK before this danged update. Thanks.

rbowser
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I did that "perform clean install" option with the new driver.

Since you did that, then it makes sense, I don't think you can roll back after a clean install. Clean install will remove all previous NVIDIA drivers and NVIDIA registry entries from your computer, i.e., nothing to rollback too.

Jeff
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I did that "perform clean install" option with the new driver.

Since you did that, then it makes sense, I don't think you can roll back after a clean install. Clean install will remove all previous NVIDIA drivers and NVIDIA registry entries from your computer, i.e., nothing to rollback too.

Jeff

hehehe, well now Duh - of course. Thanks for all your help, Jeff and Tony. After I do the clean install deed, I hope you'll find me a happy camper on the forum again.

RB