Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ripple effect re-sets half way through?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I'm working with the Ripple effect on a 10 second clip. I have all the parameters set the way I want, all with starting point keyframes, and then all having one more ending keyframe at the end of the clip.

In preview, at the half way point, the effect jerks into a different position as if it's starting over. Is this because of the length of my clip? Will this be the way it looks in the final video file?

rbowser
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi rbowser -

The default settings for the ripple effect under "Progress" go from 0 (1st keyframe) to 200 (last keyframe)... i.e. progressively more ripply!

What changes have you made to the keyframe settings?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Answering my own question - I kept playing with the numbers until I had less of a jump from one speed to the next. When I had it starting at 4 and increasing to 6, that caused the glitch - now I have them one number apart and it's smooth.

--I produced a still for this so I could apply the effect. But at first I went ahead and tried the effect on the still--the results looked the same in preview. But everyone's saying you can't add FX to stills, right?-- So I take it that the clip wouldn't work in the final version if I'd kept the effect on the still instead of the vid clip?

rbowser
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Randy -

It was probably me who gave you that idea when I posted the link to that ripple effect video.

That was in PD8. I honestly can't remember if it was different in PD8... but my apologies for leading you up the garden path!

In PD9, you can apply video effects to still images

Glad you got your keyframes sorted out, anyway.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Randy -

It was probably me who gave you that idea when I posted the link to that ripple effect video.

That was in PD8. I honestly can't remember if it was different in PD8... but my apologies for leading you up the garden path!

In PD9, you can apply video effects to still images

Glad you got your keyframes sorted out, anyway.

Cheers - Tony

Ah!-- Thanks much, Tony - FX sure were looking right to me on photos, I was puzzled. Appreciate the info. Much better, for FX to be available for both vids and stills.

rbowser