Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Patch Update 3305 Produces New Errors on PD9
Missy3XL [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 02, 2011 18:34 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded to patch 3305 on my PD9 the other day and edited my usual Sci-Fi movies today and encountered 2 errors that have never happened before.

For the past 4 or 5 months I get 5 parts of a 45 minute episode and import them to the timeline and produce an MPEG2 and do this procedure with 2, 45 minute episodes. I then burn the 2 MPEG 2's to 'Folder' and then burn to disc with Power2Go.

I have had no problems whatsoever previous to me applying the 3305 patch upgrade.

During today's process one of the movies produced audio only for the 1st part of the 45 minute episode and so I had to repeat the whole process again. On the 2nd attempt it was okay.

During the burn to folder process PD9 gave a burn error code @ 21% with 'insufficient' storage space and this has Never, ever happened whilst burning to folder. (that has only ever happened burning to disc)

So I had to reboot the pc and try again and on the 2nd attempt it was successful.

I will be editing and burning the usual Sunday Sci-Fi entertainment with PD9 next Sunday and if the same happens again I will consider reinstalling PD9 without patch 3305 as my PD9 system was working perfect beforehand (grr)

I run Windows XP home, SP3, 669 Gbs Freespace, Intel Pentium, 2.8 Dual Core and had just got everything near perfect.

All caches are cleared, the system is good and has been defragged.

Anyone here have any 3305 similar errors ?

Happy Sunday,

Stephanie.
Missy3XL [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 02, 2011 18:34 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I type this purely for the possible benefit of others.

This afternoon I tried another sci-fi episode in the same manner I've always done and the same problems occured as yesterday so I re-installed PD9 with the CL removal tool and installed only up to build 2930 and then did the same procedure with the same episode parts but this time the results were totally perfect (as has been for a long time)

So for me patch 3305 is a no go for the above reasons and I am happy to have my PD9 running smoothly again.

I was always with the belief (maybe thru ignorance) that one 'had to' update to the most recent patch/build to gain the best performance from PD9 but I'm not sure that is true anymore. In future I may update to any patch that I know will assist in any errors I may have with PD9..But by that time I guess PD10 will be out ! (yay, we can do this all again LOL)

Stephanie.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Ditto.

I just finished testing release 3305 and almost immediately noticed aberrations in video clips that did not exist in release 2930. I'm sticking with 2930. Win 10, i7
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 27. 2011 17:24

Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

During today's process one of the movies produced audio only for the 1st part of the 45 minute episode and so I had to repeat the whole process again. On the 2nd attempt it was okay.

Appears to be the case - first produce results in audio abut no moving picture; 2nd produce works OK; happened for both sub projects currently working on Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)