Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wow...
Neeko64 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2011 15:56 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
This program has to be about the shittiest program I've ever wasted my time and money on. Freezes every time I try to pause and resume. Awful quality. Bad effects. All around not easy to work with. These kind of things make me pray that Sony Vegas 10 wasn't 600 dollars. Terrible video editing software. Lesson learned.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Neeko -

I could point you at hundreds of spectacular videos produced with PD. I could point you at hundreds of people who (on the whole) have a satisfying & rewarding time editing with PD.

I'm not here to defend a product that obviously has some glitchy behaviour, but I'm sorry your experience has been so miserable.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry you are having trouble, but in 31 post I could not find your dxdiag.txt and it appears that all of your problems have boiled down to not understanding the program. The program is not perfect, but help us to help you and you will be a lot happier. As Tony pointed out, I have done hundreds of videos with PD. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
I am a newbee also to this programme and started with trial software which was leading me to think along similar tracks as you. I was about to switch to a competitor but decided to purchase a boxed set. Installed it, did the updates and have made my first 1/2 hour with little difficulty.

My impressions now ... stick with it. My output quality to dvd was excellent but you can be misled when viewing in Edit as quality much depends on settings. Learn the product and hassle the experts! They are very quick to respond. CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
No, do NOT hassle the experts, we don't work for Cyberlink, although we often carry the burden of PD's problems for them.
We prefer you hassle CL tech support. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Neeko,

Are you an ATi user? Go into 'Preferences' -> 'Hardware Acceleration' and make sure both boxes are unticked. See if that helps matters.

Please can you refrain from using vulgar language on this forum. Please edit your original post.

Cheers,

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
PatC [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Suffolk UK Joined: Nov 17, 2009 14:00 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Hi please compare apples with apples.
If PD9 was $600 then YES compare with S.V.Pro, but it isn't.
Compare it with its competitors at a similar price and maybe you will be
in a better position to criticise the product.
It isn't perfect but it takes some beating in its price range.
Give it a fair trial, you might be surprised.

Maybe you PC setup isn't as great as you think it is..... just a thought !

PatC
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
--
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: --

whoops--clicked the wrong post--sorry!

RB