Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD from MP4 file=sound, but no picture
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
A movie I bought from EZTakes is in MP4 format. I imported it, added chapters. It plays fine in PD9. But when I burned to a DVD folder, there's no picture when I checked the results. There's sound, but no picture.

Is there some special treatment I need to be doing for MP4s to work as source material?

rbowser
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Well - I used Media Espresso to convert the MP4 into an Mpeg, thinking maybe PD9 just can't spit out a finished DVD from MP4.

That looked promising when I swapped the MP4 for the Mpeg - and just like the MP4, it played perfectly fine in PD9. But when I exported - this time there was picture- for awhile, then it got stuck on one frame while the sound continued.

Also, PD9 said the movie was around 4.2 gigs - but I can see that the final folder is less than 2 -- . What the...?

--Hope to find out - is there just no way to make a DVD from an MP4 in PD9?

rbowser