Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sound de-noise crashes PD9 (new 3305 patch)
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Well darn. Everything was going so well with the new patch. But now I've confirmed that audio de-noise under "Fix and enhance" crashes PD9. Did it 3 times in a row.

Source video was MP4. Maybe that figures into it. And a long file, over 3 hours.

(attaching my new DxDiag again)

rbowser
 Filename
rbowser64DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
187 time(s)
 Filename
rbowserDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
80 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
208 time(s)
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
rbowser,

do I understand you correctly: 1 file - over 3 hours long?
And you have used "fix/enhance" for the whole file???

How can it be possible to edit 3 hours in one chunk?

Why don't you bring the file in....(3 hours?)
chop it up in- let's say 10-15 bits, before you start editing and
make some enhancements?

I see that you, and others, have some "incidents" with the new patch........hm...

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
[Post New]
rbowser;
I can not duplicate the issue in 3305. I tried it over and over again with a 30 minute MP4.
Sorry

Now 1Nina...no waiting..go get the 3305 patch. Has LOTS of fixes in it!!

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16. 2011 19:48

rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: rbowser,

do I understand you correctly: 1 file - over 3 hours long?
And you have used "fix/enhance" for the whole file???

How can it be possible to edit 3 hours in one chunk?

Why don't you bring the file in....(3 hours?)
chop it up in- let's say 10-15 bits, before you start editing and
make some enhancements?

I see that you, and others, have some "incidents" with the new patch........hm...

hehe--Yes, one 3 hour+ clip does sound excessive doesn't it, Nina.

This is an old movie I bought from EZTakes, the DVD download store. Usually their files are already in DVD format, but this one is an MP4. I've done this many times though, import a movie from them into a video program so I can add chapters. And I've spruced up audio and video in one fell swoop. Like, maybe the entire film needs a higher color saturation, and in the case of this particular file, the sound track could do with some noise filtering - so thought I'd try it in PD9.

Fred, thanks for trying to duplicate the error. I can repeat it all day long with this particular clip. I can't be sure, of course, if it's because I'm asking for such a long clip to be processed, or because it's an MP4, or if there's something odd about this particular file in some way.

It's not too critical. I don't anticipate there being a problem when I work with a normal sized audio clip.

rbowser