Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to delete Magic Motion effects?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using Magic Motion more as I progress on this project, but only using the user defined option so I can get exactly what I want, and not wrestle with and try to tame a pre-programmed effect.

Sometimes, much later, I want to remove the motion entirely - but I haven't been able to select the Magic Motion icon on the picture to delete it, the way regular FX and transitions can be clicked and deleted. I"ve been resorting to deleting the entire picture and re-inserting it. Surely that's not what I should have to do.

?

rbowser
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
rbowser,

In the PIP Modify window you can click on the 'No Motion Path' (green X). Then resize/move the image or video as desired.

The other option is to have a working track that you can move media to for temporary storage or dirty edits.

Generally what I do to remove effects paths etc. that I added a while back is to move the offending clip/image to the spare track, then insert the replacement in the current location. Of course this will remove all edits to the clip in question, so one must be careful if you have added other edits to the clip. In this case see the first solution.

Hal OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for this info, Hal - I'm probably going to keep coming up with questions as I get used to the program. Help like yours is greatly appreciated.

No simple Select-Delete for Magic Motion. OK - Editing again in the PIP Modify window makes sense. So far, throwing away and replacing is what I've been doing.--Hmmm, this seems kind of odd, that an FX which shows up with an icon on a clip can't be removed with one click, like regular FX and transitions.

That's fine though, I understand what to do. Thanks.

rbowser
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
rbowser,

The 'effect' of the motion path does not show up the same as a true effect or transition etc. which can be deleted

With the motion path you will only see the keyframes on the clip in the time line. A motion path is not an effect per se, and that is why it cannot be deleted as the other objects can.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: rbowser,

The 'effect' of the motion path does not show up the same as a true effect or transition etc. which can be deleted

With the motion path you will only see the keyframes on the clip in the time line. A motion path is not an effect per se, and that is why it cannot be deleted as the other objects can.

Hal

Makes sense, Hal - Thanks - And I can pretty much guarantee I'll be back tomorrow, or soon, with more questions. Later!

rbowser
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi rbowser -

After Magic Motion is applied, you can just:
1. select the image
2. click on the MM button
3. click Reset

This applies whether you do it immediately, in the same editing session or the next day after saving & closing.

When you said, "I want to remove the motion entirely - but I haven't been able to select the Magic Motion icon on the picture to delete it"... that got me a little confused. If it is still an image file (ie. you haven't produced it or used it in a slideshow template), the Magic Motion icon should be available.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi rbowser -

After Magic Motion is applied, you can just:
1. select the image
2. click on the MM button
3. click Reset

This applies whether you do it immediately, in the same editing session or the next day after saving & closing.

When you said, "I want to remove the motion entirely - but I haven't been able to select the Magic Motion icon on the picture to delete it"... that got me a little confused. If it is still an image file (ie. you haven't produced it or used it in a slideshow template), the Magic Motion icon should be available.

Cheers - Tony

Tony - Getting the auto-email about your post made me open up my current project again out of curiosity, even though I thought I was done for the night--hehe.

--!! Eye-opener! I've never noticed this "Reset" button before!-- But then I also haven't re-selected a photo and clicked MM again. Now this is great, it's doing what I wanted.

When I said I haven't been able to select the MM icon - I meant the one on the picture, indicating that MM had been used. I didn't mean the MM button on the left side menu. I expected to be able to click and choose the MM icon on the clip, the way you an choose a Transition or FX, and then just delete it. As Hal helpfully pointed out, it makes sense that one can't select that and delete as I wanted, since a series of motion keyframes is different from a plug-in transition or FX.

This will help me a lot - knowing I can just click "Reset" to get rid of a MM track that I end up not wanting to use. Thank you very much!

rbowser