Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Glitches in downloading PIP objects from Director Zone
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
So far I have very little experience downloading things from the Director Zone, so a problem I had yesterday may be due, at least in part, to my inexperience.

I wanted to see if I could find stage curtains opening in the PIP directory. I found several static ones, couldn't find an animated one. But decided that several labeled "Vorhang" might work.

When I downloaded the first Vorhang, I got an error message saying something like "The PIP object you want to import is 16:9 while your project is 4:3 - Please change the aspect ratio of your project if you want to use this." - That was a surprise, because at the Director Zone site, the object was labeled 4:3. Well, I didn't really want to change my project, but knowing I could un-do again, I went ahead and changed to 16:9.

When I then tried the Vorhang curtains again, the same error popped up, but with the opposite info - This time it said the object was 4:3 and my project was 16:9 and I'd have to change to 4:3 to use the object---

--Changing back to my original 4:3 aspect ratio, the one I wanted for the project, rendered the PIP object still unavailable, because I was in a loop of getting those error messages.

I then tried a different PIP object, Vorhang 3. This one worked.

Was this problem probably due to a programming error in that particular object? Is this behavior at all typical?

rbowser
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Was this problem probably due to a programming error in that particular object? Is this behavior at all typical?

The things you find on Director's Zone are all done by Editors like you and I.
There is no guarantee that any of then will work on your computer.

Most do what the description says, but mistakes are made.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

The things you find on Director's Zone are all done by Editors like you and I.
There is no guarantee that any of then will work on your computer.

Most do what the description says, but mistakes are made.

Hi, Carl - Thanks for the reply. Errors of that sort are to be expected really-I do appreciate that the things at the DZ are user-created. I think that's great.

So it sounds like you're agreeing that there was just a mistake made in the programming of that object I downloaded. No big problem - I was wondering if that was at all typical, or if maybe I made a mistake. I think the answer is "no" to both. Thanks again.

rbowser
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi browser,

Don’t know if you’re still looking for an “opening curtains” particle.
But in doing some experimenting with custom made particles, one of the things I came up with is a set of opening curtains in 16:9.
They’re a little different than the others I've seen on the DirectorZone, as they have a pseudo zoom in look.
Not perfect. But, neither are the customizing options in PD9's Particle Designer.

I verified that downloading and installing was successful, using my IE8 browser.
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/4784873

Low res example attached.

Filename
Curtains Open Example 2.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
792 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
263 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 14. 2011 07:02

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi browser,

Don’t know if you’re still looking for an “opening curtains” particle.
But in doing some experimenting with custom made particles, one of the things I came up with is a set of opening curtains in 16:9.
They’re a little different than the others I've seen on the DirectorZone, as they have a pseudo zoom in look.
Not perfect. But, neither are the customizing options in PD9's Particle Designer.

I verified that downloading and installing was successful, using my IE8 browser.
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/4784873

Low res example attached.

Hey, that's really nice, Cranston - Your curtains look great! I do have that bit worked out in my project, but I bet I'll try your curtains in another project sometime.

What I did was use one of the static pictures of curtains, and then automated the size so after establishing the curtains, I zoomed slowly in until the curtains are off frame. It's a nice, stylized version of curtains opening, and suits this particular curtain project fine. - It's also a 4:3 project, but when I have a 16:9 project that could use curtains, I'll use yours.

Thanks again!

rbowser