Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photo Now behavior
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I used Photo Now for the first time today. I have PhotoShop, so spiff up photos before importing, but in this case a series of pictures needed some help in matching up better--some needed brightening. Instead of going back to PhotoShop, I thought I'd try Photo Now since it's available straight from inside PD9.

I had looked at PN previously, and could see it's an extremely basic program, probably less features than the free photo apps that come with Windows. But since it has manually controlled basic features like brightening and contrast, I tried it out.

After saving the edited photo, and I was deposited back in PD - it's as as PD got confused. It started importing some audio files again, ones that were already in the project. Then it finally skipped those - started importing the edited photo. It was taking so long, but since the progress bar said the picture was 100% imported, I thought maybe it was one of those pop-ups that doesn't go away until you click - So I clicked, the screen went milky white, "Not responding" came up on the pop-up--looked like PD was going to crash. But it didn't - it just sat there white screening for quite awhile, and finally the import process was really over, not fake-over as per the progress bar - and the program returned to normal, with the edited photo now in the time line instead of the original version.

--Is all this normal Photo Now behavior?

rbowser

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08. 2011 20:46

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi rbowser -

No - that's not normal behaviour for PhotoNow. It sounds more like the behaviour of a PC having trouble with processing what it has to do.

Really? PD started re-importing audio files without you telling it to???

The white screen/not responding thing only happened because you tried to tell PD to hurry up when it didn't want to!

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2011 01:54

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!