Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does "PDSpeed" change spacebar so it automatically engages "movie" as well as Play?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I found this year old thread earlier today:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14452.page

Before downloading something which may no longer be valid for the current PD9, could someone confirm if this app still works so the space bar automatically engages "Movie"--bypassing the need to constantly select Clip or Movie?

rbowser
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I found this year old thread earlier today:

Before downloading something which may no longer be valid for the current PD9, could someone confirm if this app still works so the space bar automatically engages "Movie"--bypassing the need to constantly select Clip or Movie?

rbowser

rbowser,

Reading the thread you linked to, I found the following quotes.
It does away with the need to choose between "Clip" and "Movie" playback on the timeline. Spacebar always plays in movie mode, Alt/spacebar always plays in clip mode.

It has been tested only with PD9, not earlier versions, and only in XP and Windows 7.

Using PDSpeed, you just press the spacebar and it plays the movie.

From these statements, I wouldbe confident to assume:
1 - It works for PD9, in XP and Windows 7
2 - Pressing the space bar plays in "movie" mode

I can not however give you a guarentee, as I do not use the program in question.

Hal

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 25. 2011 19:16

OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
It DOES work with PD9 and the current patch (2930) but i haven't found a way to have it start with PD. I have to click on it to have it run each time. But it does do a good job at saving some time.
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Hal and ClancM - Thank you both for your replies, I appreciate it.

I saw what was being said about this user-made app, but since the thread was a year old, I wasn't sure if it applied to the current version of PD9. My computer is out of my home for some fixes, so I can't try anything out right now.

Clanc - the creator of the app says that it has to be used as a portal through which PD9 is opened, so I don't think you'll find a way to apply it once you've already opened PD9 the usual way.

Sounds like what the doctor ordered, though - It drives me NUTS to always do those extra clicks to choose clip or movie-I want MOVIE virtually all the time. Great--Thanks!

rbowser
[Post New]
Here work on PD8 / PD9, this signature PC.
I always use keys, S (split) and D (split and cuts earlier)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 25. 2011 23:47

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate