Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can markers be placed in the time line for reference guides?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
In the brand X program I used before, one could drop markers in the time line. They were very useful for keeping track of spots in the project being worked on, for lining up media etc.

Maybe such a tool is in PD9 and I haven't found it?

rbowser
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
No. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Barry - That sounds like a pretty definitive answer! lol--I'll stop searching for a markers control then.

rbowser
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Simple question, simple answer!
That one has not come up so often, you could offer that up for PD10. There's an "unauthorized" recent thread here for PD10, why should I buy it? Toss it on the pile. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, Barry - I'll do that. There could be more important things I could wish for, but having markers would help a lot - so it's a relatively important wish of mine. I'll go to that thread. Thanks.

rbowser
Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
i just drop a color board on a track to mark an area to be worked on or place holder for addition scene required. RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: i just drop a color board on a track to mark an area to be worked on or place holder for addition scene required.

Excellent idea, Rocket-Scientist, to add color boards on a track for markers. Thanks for the tip.

rbowser
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
Then you could use patch 2930's ability to delete and leave gap to get rid of it with out any mess ups to your project.

Or you could add a new track for the Color Board then just get rid of it.
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Then you could use patch 2930's ability to delete and leave gap to get rid of it with out any mess ups to your project.

Or you could add a new track for the Color Board then just get rid of it.

Very good, ClancM, I like your second idea to have the color board markers on their own track, then when I'm through with them, just delete the track. Slick.

I'm new to PD9, so this current 2930 version is all I've seen. It's surprising that before this one couldn't delete a clip and leave the gap! Good heavens, it would drive me Mad to not be able to do that. "Ripple edit" is often what one needs, but when you don't want that, it can be a nightmare to select all tracks to the right of where you're working to drag them--Glad that "leave gap" ability is in place now!

rbowser