Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 rendering slow, thought problem fixed, but not now...
Scott61 [Avatar]
Member Location: Wichita, KS Joined: Aug 20, 2011 04:43 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
FredB, you gave me some good advice that brought me a big step forward.
Yet I went out for two hours and came back hoping the rendering would be close to done. It is now 5+ hours into it and has only gone 52%. Is this somewhat normal?
I am wondering on the next film I convert wether to turn the quality down even more, or do something else so that perhaps the file sizes aren't so large to work with?
I appreciat any other help out there.

Thanks,
Scott61 Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
[Post New]
Scott61;
The issue is probably the limited CPU and GPU resources...not sure there is anything you can do about this on your laptop.

I process large Canon MTS files with transitions and SmartSound, etc. all the time..doesn't take long.

If you "pre-convert" the files, it will just mean that PD9 must re-render them. Not sure that will save you time, but maybe others will comment.
Scott61 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you again FredB. I know little about what can and can't be R&R'd in laptops. Is it possible/practical to replace either one of these components, or am I better off going with a new laptop or pc, and try to sell this for what I can??

I am getting enough film to process that I can't afford the time it is taking to render these projects. Also, would I be better off with not adding smart sound, or any sound?

It just has me courious why this seemed to work so well when the computer was new and the software was new. What files do I need to keep deleting besides temporaries. I have done little of this and could this cause trouble. I though tech support told me one time that I needed to keep three or four differnt files/folders cleaned out for best performance.

I guess that is all for now. Again, I appreciate your help and advice.

Scott61 Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
[Post New]
It is not feasible/possible to update CPU or GPU on a laptop.

If you are not comfortable deleting files..do so carefully. Do you empty your recycle bin?

You can use disk cleanup under "tools" when you right click on a drive, but I hesitate to give much more help on hardware as this is a PD9 forum and not sanctioned.

PD9 creates temporary files, but I am not sure why you ask this question??
Scott61 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks,

The reason I mentioned the temp files is that Cyberlink Tech mentioned to me awhile back to routinely delete certain files to keep things running smoothly. I will call tech support tomorrow and see what they were referring too. Yes, I do clean the recycle bin routinely.

I guess that is it for now,

Thanks,
Scott61 Scott Wright
Wichita, KS