Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wave Editor prone to crashing
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe there's a way to use the Wave Editor which prevents the crashing problem I keep getting.

I can see the WE is a fairly simplistic app, and I may not really need to use it, but it is convenient to have it available while working in PD. The one tool I'm interested in using right now is noise reduction.

I ask for the clip to be imported into WE - I set and apply the noise reduction. After the edit is done, I don't see any available options for now moving the clip back into PD, except to close the program with the X, at which point a pop-up points out I haven't saved my work and asks if I want to. I click yes, and sometimes the audio will finish being saved and instantly inserted in the PD project, but more often, WE just crashes.

Is there a different way I'm supposed to be saving audio than just closing the Wave Editor?

rbowser
[Post New]
I have the same issue, did you ever figure it out?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
No, sirvincentblack, never did figure it out. I just skip using Wave Editor. Oh well!

RB