Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A way to turn off the need to click "Clip" or "Movie"-?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
So far I'm constantly being tripped by how you have to specify if you want to play a clip or the whole movie. Often I'm working on the transitions between clips, and so naturally want to play the movie. But I keep forgetting to do the extra click, and have the cursor jump back to the start of a clip.

Is there a way to turn that default off? I'm not finding it useful that you have to always either click one of the choices, or use the keyboard shortcuts of page up and down.

rbowser
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
Two ways.
1. You can click the "Page Down" button instead of clicking
or
2. use this program called PDSPEED which automatically play in movie when you click the space bar.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14452.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 06. 2011 18:48

rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the info, ClancM, I appreciate it.

rbowser
[Post New]
OR...just click ANYWHERE in a blank area of the bottom portion of the window. Many have expressed the need to setting the default.

PDSPEED has lots of good stuff...my favorite is "[" and "]"
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: OR...just click ANYWHERE in a blank area of the bottom portion of the window. Many have expressed the need to setting the default.

PDSPEED has lots of good stuff...my favorite is "[" and "]"

And thank you, Fred, also, for the info.

The thing with needing to click in a blank area is that it's still one more click than I expect. I may as well click the Clip or Movie button on the screen, or use my Page keys.

I can understand why others have expressed the need for a different default - I'm not yet imagining why I would want Clip to be the default. Currently I'm working with 2 hour projects that have just 2 giant clips - I'm focusing on getting the transitions smooth - But I'm finding it so hard to realize I can't just push the space bar to test that transition, I keep being jerked back to the start of the video. And of course it totally takes me out of the work focus - I have to wrestle with the time line and the zoom control, get back to where I was working etc.

It's a very curious piece of programming, as far as I can see, to make the user make a choice before hitting Play/Space. I'm trying to incorporate this - I'm just So used to just hitting the space bar after making an edit I need to test.

rbowser