Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Turn off snap for sizing a clip?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I'm working with footage I transferred from VHS. I couldn't get the tracking so a sliver of distortion is going across the bottom of the picture - I'm sure you've all seen that.

I understand that in the preview window I can grab corners or the middle of sides to scale the picture, in this case I need it just slightly bigger in order to omit the distortion.

But there's a snap interfering with the re-sizing. The first snap position is far too big of a jump.

I've not been able to find a control for turning this kind of snap off. Is there a setting somewhere--?

rbowser
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
See atached images.

[Thumb - snap to (Main).png]
 Filename
snap to (Main).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
91 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
124 time(s)
[Thumb - snap to (PIP Designer).png]
 Filename
snap to (PIP Designer).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
119 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2011 21:06

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Cranston - You're so fast and helpful--Guess what? Just one minute ago, I had a Duh! moment when I found the "Snap to reference" control on the Display Options under the preview. I was coming here to say "Never mind" - and there your reply was already up.

Thanks anyway!

rbowser