Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My New Rig's DxDiag Files
TexasCityDave#1
Newbie Location: Southeast TX Joined: Aug 08, 2011 22:58 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I picked up my new computer from the retailer this evening. Before loading my fresh out-of-the-box PowerDirector Ultra64 software, I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind too much and take a look at my dxdiag files.

I already have a little glitch. My WD 1TB HD isn't showing up. I will talk with the retailer/builder tomorrow about that little problem. (I mention this only for info and in no way am making this a hardware problem thread.)

I will probably get a comment about the SSD being too light on storage. I would like to start slow and small on my HD editing, and will make short clips and try to get by with this SSD for a bit. But if I encounter problems early with it being too small, I'll gladly swap it out.

Anyway, thanks in advance for allowing me to post up the two files and comments/suggestions are welcome and appreciated. I thought maybe if someone saw a serious flaw, it might be good to correct it prior to loading Cyberlink Powerdirector 9 Ultra64.

Filename
texascitydaveDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
323 time(s)
 Filename
64texascitydaveDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
312 time(s)
WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 BIT [SP1]
ASUS P8P67LE MB
Intel Ci7 2600K 3.40 Ghz
2X 8GB 1600Mhz Dual BL
2X EVGA GTX460 1GB SC
120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
2X 1TB WD10000 SRTL Caviar Black
PD 9 Ultra 64
LG-12X Blu-Ray
Cameras: Canon 7D, Canon HF S21
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quick glance I don't see any major concerns. The graphics driver is out-of-date. It's not old, but NVIDIA does have a more recent driver released. Don't forget QuickTime or other good codec packages.

It's funny when we talk about a 120GB hard drive as small. I still remember how excited I was when the 1GB SCSI drives came out. Have fun. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi TexasCityDave -

My only concern is that I don't have what you have!

That 120GB C drive does look a bit puny beside the big gun processor, high end GPU & bulk RAM! Once you start editing, I don't think it'll be too long before you're trading up or adding on.

Your new rig will be able to chew up anything you throw at it. It makes my PC look like a sissy... & mine does pretty well with HD editing.

My apologies for the overly technical language

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!