Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multiple Languages Subtitles BLU RAY/DVD
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Since PD only supports one subtitles track, I decided to create a 3 languages subtitle project (English, Spanish and Hungarian) using CROMA KEY., but I don’t know why, the final subtitles have a flickering effect in the final burned media. This is what I did:

1. ENGLISH SUBTITLE
1.1 My home made movie/audio project in track 1 (A)
1.2 Add and sync subtitles in English
1.3 Delete movie on track 1 and insert a blue background using “color board” on track1 with the same length of the movie.
1.4 Produce a HD MPG file (B). Result a blue screen with English subtitles.
1.5 Create a new project with the movie (A) on track 1 and subtitles MPG file (B) on track 2
1.6 Double click track 2 and set CROMA KEY for the blue background.
1.7 Produce a final English subtitled HD MPG movie file (C)

2. SPANISH SUBTITLE
Repeat steps 1.1 to 1.7 using Spanish subtitles in step 1.2. Final result= Spanish subtitled HD MPG movie file (D)

3. HUNGARIAN SUBTITLE
Repeat steps 1.1 to 1.7 using Hungarian subtitles in step 1.2. Final result= Hungarian subtitled HD MPG movie file (E)

4. BLU RAY/DVD creation
4.1 Create new project with file (A)
4.2 Go to CREATE DISC and add files (D) and (E) in the menu, so you can select what movie want to play (English, Spanish or Hungarian).
4.3 Burn.

BLU RAY and DVD work's great and you can read each movie with the corresponding language, but the subtitles text flickers some times. It's not something that bothers a lot. The others do not notice it unless you are told to. One designer notices immediately. I think as are letters, PD defects in CROMA KEY are more visible.

Does anybody else have experiment using croma key with text?

Chears
Nicolas