Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Bug in latest update 2930
devonbiker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2009 17:02 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Since purchasing PD9 ultra64 last Novemeber I havn't updated........ until yesterday where I installed update 2930. Since then when I scrub the timeline forwards or backwards PD9 freezes for at least 8 seconds. Never had this problem before the update and it's really annoying!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 17. 2011 16:55

NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ..when I scrub the timeline forwards or backwards PD9 freezes for at least 8 seconds...

What do you mean with "scrub" the time line? zooming, scrolling ? Please be more specific.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
What are your system specifications and what type of video? Can you attach a copy of you dxdiag? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: ..when I scrub the timeline forwards or backwards PD9 freezes for at least 8 seconds...

What do you mean with "scrub" the time line? zooming, scrolling ? Please be more specific.

I think he means grabbing the "scrubber" or time line indicator and dragging it with the mouse.
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I've only had PD for a couple of days now - and I do know that I have to move the time line cursor fairly slowly to not have that momentary freeze-up. Moving at a leisurely pace, it all stays in sync with no delays.

Since I just purchased PD9, the version I have is the current one, the version you're commenting on, devon.

rbowser
devonbiker [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm new to this, can someone tell me how to locate the dxdiag and post it please?
Edit: just read the notes on this. Will post shortly.

Yes when I grab the cursor/line and drag it backwards or forwards on the timeline where my edited video clips are, not the playback cursor on the player though, it will just hang PD9 build 2290 for 8 seconds each time. I am fairly confident with creating basic videos so when I scrub the time line (cursor) I don't hang about, but I would say it's all normal use of the software, ie I'm not excessive.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
375 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
371 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 18. 2011 04:53

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi devonbiker,
"Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Driver Date/Size: 7/10/2010 06:38:00, 12471400 bytes"
Update your driver.

HDD drives are "close to the mark" with just over 100gb spare.

Where is your footage stored?

What is the footage you're editing? HD 1080p 50/60fps?

Please provide a screenshot of the project/Edit Workspace.

Have you lowered the preview resolution to High - do so?

Your current set up may struggle as it's only a quad and High bitrate HD 1080p 60fps will max at about 3 tracks. Please advise what video you're editing?

devonbiker [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd (you wouldn't be Welsh by any chance?)

OK I'll update my graphics driver.
My C: drive has 150Gb free, its just mainly for OS + software as it's a WD rapter 300Gb.
My D drive has 555Gb free and this is where I store most of my stuff.
My G: drive has 682Gb free and is plugged in via a front mounted push in caddy. I've started using for storing my Videos + editing from! Both D: + G: are identical drives 1Tb WD black.

I'm just finding my way with video settings as I've only just had it a week but for youtube I'm finding 720 30fps or even 60fps about right.

Not changed any preview resolution.

My quad was top of the range 9650 before i7 came out. GoPro only create 1080 @ 30fps.

Lastly, remember that this problem as only just occurred since updating to latest upgrade, but I also moved my videos to the G drive about the same time! I'll move then back to the other drive and see if that makes a difference!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 18. 2011 10:22

devonbiker [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, Ive just cut one of my video projects and moved it back to the other drive (original 2nd drive) and I'm getting no problems scrubbing the timeline. The front loading caddy must be limiting data transfer on the 3rd drive or something? This maybe problem solved - thanks for your help!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 18. 2011 10:31

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Until recently I had 9 drives on my system - a quad. I have pulled one of the internals for another PC. The dual 1TBx2 external USB drives are slow - as they have to "wake up" and PD didnt use them well until I pinged the drives with a free software called NoSleepHDv2.0. be very careful with drive positional and data transfer rates.

Oh in answer to your question. Yes I am. I'm also the guy in charge of the PD forums for CyberLink I have been using PD since version 2.0 and making suggestions to the functionality of PD since that date.
devonbiker [Avatar]
[Post New]
NoSleepHD wouldn't install, kept instantly crashing but I've now changed Win7 HDD turn off to much later.

I don't regularly use a USB external HDD, I have a eSATA dock instead which is better.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
So far, mine are working ok

I have esata capability on both the PC's I'm using.