Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Converting project files - basically starting over?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I'm rather sure I know the answer, but here's the scenario:

--I have a thread asking why it would take over 20 hours to burn a project to a DVD folder.

--It occurred to me, and it was confirmed, that the problem could be that the source video files were in the .avi format. After doing the editing, constructing menus - when I ask for this to be burned, PD9 is taking forever because I'm asking for the files to be converted And burned to DVD folder--

---right?

SO, I'm starting over, using "Produce" in PD9, asking it to make an Mpeg-2 file of the project. But once I have that conversion done, I guess I need to start over with the project, - importing that file, making menus again, maybe even doing the image correction edits again--?

And then hopefully, with PD9 then being happy with the format I'm starting with - then the burn process will take a reasonable amount of time, like--a LOT less than 20+ hours?

rbowser

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15. 2011 23:34

rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Answering myself-- It wasn't as painful as I'd feared. I made an mpeg out of the avi files, imported them - the menu template was still there. Didn't take long to set up chapters again--yadda yadda. I'm happy.

As I said in the final post of my "25 hours??" post---the main thing here is that I was using .avi files which worked fine while editing, but then did not export nicely at all. Answer--USE MPEGS!-- Got it.

rbowser