Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to edit fade times on title tracks? SOLVED
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Jaime fixed me up on this one - I hadn't discovered the fade sliders in the title designer yet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel like I've exhausted the possibilities, but maybe there's something I'm missing.

I see how to add a basic fade in, fade out to a title clip - but is there a way to edit those fades, changing their durations and maybe the Bezier curve of how the fades are performed?

Like many people, I'm sure, my point of reference is a previous video editing program. In the program I used before, Premiere, opacity curves were available on a clip of any sort - video, still, text/title. The full opacity envelope was visible by default, and all you had to do to edit the time and nature of a change to the opacity level was to start adding nodes right there in the time-line and dragging them to the places as you needed. No plug-ins were involved, no "Fade" plug-in was required, because every clip had that envelope instantly available. There was also a menu built in to every clip to choose any kind of envelope you wanted to work on -opacity, color, position, size etc.

But apparently in PD9, one has to add a plug-in effect to get a simple fade in or out- and I see that in a regular video clip, many options are available, the most important (to me) being Keyframes. With Keyframes you can control things the way you need, but the choices available are really few with title clips - and I can't find any way to edit the timing of the fade plug-in once it's been added to the clip.

--Is there a way to control that fade timing on a title, or is one stuck with the pre-set timing--?

rbowser

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 16. 2011 10:17

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
This one is not obvious. With the title designer open, grab the edge of the orange part and drag it.

[Thumb - title_designer.jpg]
 Filename
title_designer.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
146 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
229 time(s)
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Ah, there's the control! Actually, it does look rather obvious now that you've pointed it out, Jaime. Thanks!

rbowser