Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where are the "True Theater Technologies" plug-ins?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
At the Cyberlink website, one of the pages describing PD9 says there are "True Theater" plug-ins which can perform:

--"Upscaling Video Resolution"
--"Steadying Shaky Footages"
--"Adding Surround Sound"
--"Fixing Colors and Lighting"
--"Reducing Video Noise"
--"Smoothing Slo-mo Effects"

But I'm not finding FX/tools/plug-ins like this in my now registered copy of PD. Where should I be looking?

rbowser
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
rbrowser,

With a video clip selected in the time line you will see tabs above the time line.

'Power Tools' and 'Fix/Enhance' are the ones you are looking for.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: rbrowser,

With a video clip selected in the time line you will see tabs above the time line.

'Power Tools' and 'Fix/Enhance' are the ones you are looking for.

Hal

Ah, OK - Yes, I've been using those - Since they weren't labeled "True Theater," I didn't realize that's what those tools were. Fine, those are working well. Thanks, Hal.

rbowser
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Actually-There's still one of these True Theater FX I'm not finding. The site says "Adding Surround Sound"---it adds "virtual surround sound on your discs."

--That's not found either in "Fix/Enhance," "Power Tools," or in the Audio Editor.

?

rbowser
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
rbrowser,

You will find that option in the 'Create Disk' module.

On the Cyberlink page they kind of lump all the features together. Takes a little time to figure out where to access each of the features.

Keep playing around, you will get the hang of it before you know it.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: rbrowser,

You will find that option in the 'Create Disk' module.

On the Cyberlink page they kind of lump all the features together. Takes a little time to figure out where to access each of the features.

Keep playing around, you will get the hang of it before you know it.

Hal

Thanks again, Hal - I see that Surround FX now - Hmmm, not at all where I expected it. And the only way to choose between the 3 apparently un-editable versions of the effect is to do a Preview of the disc, going through the menu, trying chapters. -- Not very flexible. But at least this feature is there.

Yes, on the Cyberlink site, they've of course just listed features available, listing them in a way that doesn't really give you an idea of where these things will be found in the program, or even what their actual names will be. That's OK-- disappointed that this surround booster is placed where it is though, way after the editing stage, and that it's not editable. Thanks for the help.

rbowser