Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I print a list of names of files, images and videos that is a part of a project.
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
I've asked the question of DZ but have not received a reply.

I know that pd9 projects contain links to all filenames, and you can choose to view the files as thumbnails or details.

I need this print because I after taking backup of my files I have installed two additional hard drives in my computer and structured data as c-drive is solely for the system, all images are on f-drive, all the videos e-drive, and d-drive to all other data.

I know one should not move files that's a part of a project, but I thought I had produced the videos ok - it turned out that I had failed - the output format er 4:3 instead of 16:9, therefore I will produce them again.

When I open the projects I get the (many) message box that tells the filenames of pictures and video clips PD9 can not find - it is this information in the project file I am most inreresseret in printing.

Ofcourse each message box has a search option but it would be easier and save time if I can print a complete file list out as the total number of images missing exceeds a hundred.

Have tried to open the project file with the notebook but it will be even more time consuming to extract the filenames from here than individually from a message box.

Hope someone can and will help me.

Regards, Anja
[Thumb - kan ikke finde fil og filliste.png]
 Filename
kan ikke finde fil og filliste.png
[Disk]
 Description
shov filelist in PD plus a few messageboxes
 Filesize
836 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
145 time(s)
PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Anja -

Yes - the DZ forum has very few "helpers" and a lot of people requesting help.

Do you have all the photos for each project in one folder? When you get that error message & select "Browse" and navigate to one image, PD will find the others if they're stored in that folder. ***

You're right - checking the .pds file is cumbersome. It also only shows you where PD thinks the media is stored... not where you've actually put it!

I honestly can't think of an quick & easy way to sort out your issue. If it was me, I'd open each project and use PD *** to help reassemble it.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony.

It was a good hint to know that PD looking forward to the catalog the latest that has navigated.
It saves several clicks and searches.

I don't have all photos (or all project photos) in one folder, actually many folders, but now at one disc instead of 2-3.
Orginized by year, events and digfferent sizes for different use.

But it will probably be a good idea for the future to create image folders for each project even if it will use lot of extra disc space.

Can this be done with the export function in PD9?

Cheers, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12