Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Un-install trial version before installing full version?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I don't see info on this - The process of installing a full version of a program varies so much, I want to be sure I go ahead with my PD purchase in the best way.

Should I un-install the trial copy before running the PD9 exe file?

rbowser

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2011 17:03

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
If you have another version installed, PD will uninstall it before continuing. However, most on here will suggest that you uninstall any previous version before running a new installer. This doesn't usually include installing patches, of course. Some also run CLCleaner. I'm not sure if the link is still in the stickies. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Jaime - After posting this question, I found a PD9 quick start guide which explained that the installer would begin with an un-install of the trial version. So, now I'm up and running.

Finally - I'm an official new PD9 user!

rbowser
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
rbrowser,

Welcome to the group.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks much, Hal!
rbowser