Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No way to close a project without closing the program?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I want to make sure I get this right - If I want to close a project but not close the program, there's no other way but to go ahead and close the program and immediately re-open it again--?

rbowser
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
If you click on File > New Project it closes the project you are working on and opens a blank project. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
You can and should save the project without closing the PD9
Menu File / Save Project As
---
Menu File / New Project, clean the cache for new project AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you, Jaime, and PlayVideo

Good to know. I didn't realize selecting New Project would flush the old one out. That makes sense - so if you had need to do any copying and pasting from one project to another, theoretically you'd do that with two instance of PD9 open.

Thanks again.

rbowser
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: so if you had need to do any copying and pasting from one project to another, theoretically you'd do that with two instance of PD9 open.

rbrowser,

You cannot have two instances of Power Director running at once.

If you want to use all material/media from two projects:
1 - Open the first project (make sure it is saved in it's current state)
2 - Go to 'File - Open Project'
3 - You will be asked if you would like to merge your current library with the project to be opened. (See attachment)
4 - Select 'Yes'. This will add the media from the project you are closing to the project you are opening.

If you want to use select media (only some of it) you will have to manually import the media files to the other project individually.

Hal

[Thumb - mergemedia.png]
 Filename
mergemedia.png
[Disk]
 Description
Merge media from two projects
 Filesize
101 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
121 time(s)
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
OH, I see - Thanks much, HalCon. I understand what you're saying, and now that "Would you like to merge..." pop-up makes sense. I had been unsure about it's purpose. Thanks!

rbowser
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
rbrowser,

Glad to be of assistance.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube