Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
De-interlacing?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I've just finished doing my first test of burning to a DVD folder. On the computer, there were the dreaded horizontal lines, especially noticeable during motion. I've read that one shouldn't worry, since TVs display video differently.

I've burned the test file to disc, and while it does look much better on a TV - I can still detect the horizontal lines.

I'm used to having a de-interlacing tool available, but couldn't find one in PD9. The settings for video quality for a burn are super simplified in PD9 as far as I can see.

Is there something more I should be doing to avoid this? - It's the first time I've seen such a pronounced horizontal line problem in a video burn.

rbowser
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Make sure you use a progressive profile to produce the video. This means that if you are burning to DVD you will have to produce the clips, then use the produced video to create the DVD. I also don't think there is a 480p profile by default, so you will have to create a custom profile using the MPEG 2 HQ profile. We have discussed this before and I think we decided that it works. If not, someone will correct me pretty quick.

We also recently discussed deinterlacing. PD does it for the progressive profiles, but you have limited control over it. Fast panning may still not be completely smooth. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the info, Jaime.

The artifacts I'm seeing could be due to the nature of the project. I'm just making a new copy of an old DVD of mine, ripping it into PD9 so I can add menus which the original was lacking. The results are satisfactory, just not too spectacular. Thanks again.

rbowser
[Post New]
The PD9, no option for DVD-Video Progressive (unfortunately)
What do I do in this case, saved as MPEG2 Progressive (profile created by me) after I create the DVD in other software.
For interlaced video, i use the option, Defalt HQ, if possible enable SVRT3.
----
The quality options for DVD-Video can not be modified.
For video of more than 1 hour, SP option, the resolution drops to 352x480, no matter if the original video is 720x480

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 16. 2011 10:58

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate