Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2 audio tracks in the same vob - need to get the second track!!!!
bobbygr100@hotmail.com [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2011 10:12 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I have a movie I'm trying to build from 4 VOB files. 3 of the 4 VOB files have audio that syncs with the video on the screen.

The second of the 4, though has 2 audio tracks. For some ridiculous reason the movie decided to use audio track 2 in the VOB file. Track 1 sounds like some kind of commentary.

How do I tell Power Director 9 to use the SECOND audio track in this VOB file, rather than the first (which is the default for PD9).

I've worked with this and worked with it and I cannot find anyway to do it. I want to put all VOB files in a timeline as a movie, but the second VOB file screws the whole thing up, because it's default track 1 is commentary rather than the audio that lines up with the video in the VOB. All other VOBS are fine, track 1 is used for audio that lines up with video.

Please tell me step by step as easy as possible how to get this vob to play track 2 for it's audio in the timeline, rather than the default track 1.

I can see the VOB file (using VLC) has the two tracks and even when clicking on it outside of PDR 9 the default commentary track 1 plays, I have to change it manually to track 2 in VLC then it plays fine, but once the VOB is closed, it once again resorts to opening track1 by default.

Where do I go and how do I get VLC to play this piece in the timeline, and ONLY this piece to track 2?

This is blowing my mind.....

Thank you,

Bob
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
There is a tool that can strip the video and audio streams into its multiple parts.

http://howto-pages.org/ffmpeg/#strip

I am reasonably sure that Powerdirector does not have the ability to chose which audio track to use.

Maybe you can use VLC to extract the second audio.
You could use Audacity to capture/record the audio that is playing, if your computer is configured to record the audio from the Stereo mixer.

Edit:
How to enable stereo mixer in Windows 7
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/

You may need to update your audio driver for the above to work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2011 09:22

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Format Factory (free) will do the same..... then use Audacity to edit the audio track like Carl suggests... I extract audio from movie clips all the time.... easy and simple... (outside of PD of course, I don't like or use wave editor either) __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
[Post New]
This may be an issue of Copy Protection (if you are speaking of the same Fuel movie you mentioned in another post) and may not work within PD9.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I could be wrong, but I believe this is a side effect of copy protection. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM