Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trial version of PD9 - concerned about where I downloaded
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I'm currently trying out two video editing programs, and am almost 100% sure Power Director 9 (ultra 64) is what I'll be buying. Very impressive, nice large buttons to use, pleasant interface, good features.

--caveat on "good features"--I see from searching the Forums that a lot of people get tripped up with the clumsy menu creation process. It does seem convoluted. I spent hours figuring out how to simply change the default "My Videos" and "item#" text - But I did seem to figure it out.

I'm surprised though - I burned a test DVD project to folder, and it looks fine. But, contrary to what the list of trial version limitations says, there was no watermark on the video. It looks totally normal.

Was that policy changed, so there are fewer limitations in the trial version?--- If not, I'm wondering if I should be concerned about where I got the trial download. I got it through "Downloadcrew Software Store"--because it looked like they had the best price, but I think the 30% discount they're offering is actually the same as the offer at Cyberlink's site.

SO - Is the lack of watermark on my test DVD an indication of something wrong? And should I worry about getting the program through Downloadcrew--?

rbowser
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a list of authorized dealers, and that web site does seem to be on the list. I don't know about the limitations. It has been years since I used the trial version. Regardless of any discount, make sure you buy from a CyberLink authorized dealer.

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/regional-stores/enu/index.jsp __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you, Jamie-esque for the reply. It's good to see that Downloadcrew is on the official list, under the UK dealers. I would just switch to the direct Cyberlink download, but I've already installed this and would like to just go forward.

Curious that there were no trial limitations on my test DVD though - I guess the policy has changed since the company wrote the list of limitations.

You said it's been years since you've used the trial version--but my impression was that this version 9 Ultra 64 hasn't been out for more than 6 months or so-?

Thanks again - I'm doing ok now I think.

rbowser