Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disc Summary Increase the inaccuracy in PD9R2930?
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
I do not know if you, but this week I created a 2h40m film for blu ray and 2xDVD and I came across an inaccuracy greater than in previous versions.

Abstract:

DVD
Project length: 2h42m
PD Estimated Size: ~ 10.8gb
Real final size: ~ 7.62gb
PD Difference: 3.18gb
PD Error: 41.73%

BLURAY
Project length: 2h42m
PD Estimated Size: ~ 22.8gb
Real final size: ~ 16.2gb
PD Difference: 6.6gb
PD Error: 40.74%

Comments:
The frustrating detail is, for the DVD, I needed to know in how many parts I had to cut the project so it could fit in 4.7gb type DVD's. Seeing that PD said (10.8gb), I should divide the project into three parts. But lie. I lost my job. It happen to fit on two DVDs, so I had to split the project in only two parts. For Bluray, I had no problems, no matter the error, it fit in a single BD disc.

Suggestions:
Please CL pay attention to disc summary and emphasize this to be more precise in future versions, since this problem has been dragging on for many versions.