Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Black and White
SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
I am sure this is a reallly trivial question, but I can't find out how to change a video to black and white. I have tried the black and white spinner in the effects room. Is there somewhere else where I can simulate different colour filters and saturation ? i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there somewhere else where I can simulate different colour filters and saturation ?

Thats exactly what you need! Click on the clip in the timeline, and click FIX AND ENHANCE in the middle bar. That will bring up a window where you can edit these values. You can also have them change by keyframe.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 04. 2011 10:01

SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, that does the trick. (No filters, though).

I tried it on a clip which has a super blue sky, going from deep high up to pale on the horizon, and it produces really horrible tone bands in black and white, often found in continuous tone 8-bit images - I suppose to be expected. I will need to do some thinking about that, and what can be done to prevent it. i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
There is also a Black and white Effect in the effects room.

You have to modify the effect to suit what you want to achieve.

Pay attention to the degree slider, when the effect is first applied, the degree is set to zero (full color), you have to slide the degree toward the right for more grayscale. Max is 200 (full grayscale).
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.