Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HDV export to tape
PapidoFrance45
Member Location: France-St jean le blanc Joined: Jan 21, 2011 05:06 Messages: 83 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I have a Sony HDR HC9 HDV cassette. I can not export a
Derusha file to HDV tape. The file is produced by PD9 and
the camcorder starts with the red "Rec" and the file is displayed on the screen
camcorder, the tape advances, but nothing registers. In the final copy, a second
output file is part of the library.
Anyone have this camcorder can he check??

Written in French and translated with Google ..... sorry.
Hi All

Win10 64bits PRO OEM - i7 3820 3.6Ghz - 18Go de Ram-GTX960 (375.95)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
What is a Derusha file?

Qu'est ce qu'un fichier Derusha?
PapidoFrance45
Member Location: France-St jean le blanc Joined: Jan 21, 2011 05:06 Messages: 83 Offline
[Post New]
It is a source file which was deleted all taken bad (in French "Dérushé"). In the exported file with PD9
HDV 2 with PD 9 and I want to back up to tape. It is an operation that I realize 10 years with Pinnacle Studio 14
and I would do the same with PD9. (Capture from my camcorder with PD 9 works well.)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 31. 2011 13:15

Hi All

albertS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2011 15:16 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

I guess my friend Papido means that he wants to export a file created with PD9 onto a tape in his camcorder. He used to do it with Pinnacle Studio for ten years and would like to do the same with PD9.

Has anyone tried that...and succeeded?

Rgds,
Albert Switched to PD10 now, just before PD11 was announced! Loser forever!
albertS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nobody? Switched to PD10 now, just before PD11 was announced! Loser forever!
albertS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anybody?
Switched to PD10 now, just before PD11 was announced! Loser forever!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
HDV is not used by the majority of video editors. I certainly no longer use tape as a method of recording video.

PD9 should be able to Export (File>Export) a project back to HDV tape. Unfortunately I cant check out the task having moved on and never owning a HDV camera.

Trying out the File>Export route in the trial version should give an answer.

albertS [Avatar]
[Post New]
On behalf of my friend Papido, thank you!

Albert Switched to PD10 now, just before PD11 was announced! Loser forever!
PapidoFrance45
[Post New]
Not a single owner of an HDV camcorder in the world ????? Hi All

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PapidoFrance,

I don’t use a HDV camera, and don’t know if this will help at all, but I presume you have found the Write Back To HDV option in the Produce module, on the Device page.
The Help files sure don’t “help” very much on this subject, but I did find this in the "PD9 Read Me" file...

15. Réécriture HDV, à l’heure actuelle CyberLink PowerDirector ne reconnaît que les Sony HDR-FX1, HDR-HC1 et HDR-HC3. Pour la liste des nouveaux modèles HDV, veuillez télécharger les correctifs en cliquant sur le bouton « Rechercher les mises à jour » ou en visitant le site de CyberLink.

(15. HDV write-back, currently CyberLink PowerDirector supports only Sony HDR-FX1, HDR-HC1 and HDR-HC3. For new HDV models, please check for future patches by clicking the "Check Upgrade" button, or visit the CyberLink web site for updates.)

The complete Read Me File can be found here...
C: Drive \ Program files \ Cyberlink \ PowerDirector \ Language \ Fra (or Enu for English)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 26. 2011 08:39

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
albertS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Cranston and thank you.
Your information was partly known by my friend Papido. The missing part that you generously gave him in French was invaluable as it pinpointed that his camera HDR-HC9 was not in the list nor in the Upgrade or Updates available. He will check regularly for the good news from Cyberlink. However his expectations are slim in view of the fact that very little HDV cameras are in production today and very few if none in a close future!

Thanks again for providing such a complete information.

Albert for Papido Switched to PD10 now, just before PD11 was announced! Loser forever!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps you have another editor that will do it? You can still create your video in PD, but then you'd need to bring that into another NLE for export. Many of us have other NLE's for variou s reasons. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
albertS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Barry, my friend does the export with Pinnacle Studio 14. On the other hand, if he switched from Pinnacle to Cyberlink, I guess he did not want to have to use Studio14 any more.

It is up to Cyberlink to spend a little programming time to please the few but still numerous people having these kind of cameras.

Rgds,
Albert for Papido

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27. 2011 12:36

Switched to PD10 now, just before PD11 was announced! Loser forever!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
CL is leaving DV and HDV in the dust. Millions of users of these devices (I have an HV30) tossed aside as irrelevant. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT