Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
transition to a PiP only
mamethot@hotmail.com [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2011 13:22 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hello to all,

I am trying to use the transition effects (for example Grid circle) to a picture in picture (an actual picture) that is superposed to a background.

Whenever I do this, the transition applies to the whole screen instead of yhe selected object only.

Not sure how to proceed, here is what I have in mind:

1. Produce a clip of my picture in full screen, then add it as a PIP object.

Is there any other way I should do it?

TIA
Marc
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Pre-produce the PiP image using a green screen and transition. I'll explain better after lunch, but basically open PD, put a plain green image or color board on the time line. Place your image after that. Add the transition and produce that. Then open your project and add the movie clip that you just produced. adjust the size and click the Modify button. Check the box to use a chromakey and select the green color. Close the PiP designer and play the clip to see if that is the result that you are looking for. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
I understand that you want to transition to a full small image over another so that the transition appears only in image smaller.
I create the image (lower) in normal size with transitions, saved to file
After this I add a PIP for reducing a smaller frame on the background image in full screen AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
mamethot@hotmail.com [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2011 13:22 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Jaime-esque, thanks for your suggestion, I had it almost right except for the green screen...

Much appreciated.