Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3-D Editing
[Post New]
Got my nice piece of 3D shooting equipment(AVCHD) and now I wonder if PD9 will have an upgrade for this purpose, and if, when? Or is going to be in PD10? Sure you can do 2d but shooting 3D in stock could make sense...
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
We are all giddy with anticipation of the eventual arrival of PD3D. Should be loads of fun. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I believe it has been mentioned here in the forums, but I definitely would not expect it before PD 10. I know I have made available some of my own 3D footage. I don't know what, if any, work is being done on it right now. We can only hope. You could attach some of your own clips here for others to test. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Might be a little more difficult to come up with enough BETA testers. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
[Post New]
Quote: We are all giddy with anticipation of the eventual arrival of PD3D. Should be loads of fun.

Cyberlink should be ashamed to release PD10 unless it is a free upgrade to PD9..so many dedicated users have struggled with PD9 for it's entire release lifetime!!!

Just my humble opinion!!

NOTE: I probably will lose another "STAR" because I say so!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 22. 2011 22:31

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Just in case...

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
THANKS for the 3D stars Tony!!

Quote: Might be a little more difficult to come up with enough BETA testers.

I have an "I'm with Stupid" tee-shirt where the arrow points UP!!! Sign me up for a new Beta!!!
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
You'll need a 3D camera. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
[Post New]
HEY...did I already miss PD10???
[Post New]
Even my mouse was against replying most of the comments (thx anyway). So the thought is that 10 is the 3D editing software? For me its not so much if its the upgrade or or the next step. It`s more of knowing when and what?
[Post New]
Kikkeri;

For me its not so much if its the upgrade or or the next step. It`s more of knowing when and what?

And, I will give you my shirt, too...cause the real question should be, "When will they release a version that works"...don't you think??

But if they get this one working, I imagine a new version is not far away, however they don't usually pre-release information about the features they intend for any new version until it is just about ready to release. I hope it includes the glasses!!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kikkeri -

I have zip, zilch & zero experience with 3D shooting, editing or production - so I admit I'm completely unqualified to comment.

Some video editing software has the facility to work with 3D. Others are "catching up". I've even read that PD can be used as a 3D editor, but I'm not sure the writer was totally cognisant!

Here she is... http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/make-your-own-3d-movies.html

Check out this table (look for 3d editing)... http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

I think the point others have been making is that PD still needs some work to make it stable at what it does, before launching itself into the future.

Sorry to hear about your reluctant mouse!

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
Or maybe THIS was what they referenced?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/0/7Nm6XAsXbUQ

or this:
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/intro/magicstyle

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 23. 2011 20:02

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
You'll also probably need a Blue-ray 3D burner, if there is such a thing, and a Blue-ray 3D disc player, to properly test PD"X".
Looks like I'm out of BETA! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I've even read that PD can be used as a 3D editor, but I'm not sure the writer was totally cognisant!

Once I have adjusted the convergence and I am happy with the video in GoPro Cineform, I can export to anaglyph or side by side video. That video can be imported into PD for more detailed editing...BUT... PD cannot work on the 3D aspect as some other editors apparently can. GoPro has a free version for GoPro users, so I am Ok with this process until CyberLink does work 3D into their platform.

[Post New]
Of course, it would be nice if the Cineform mp4 had an SVRT profile in PD. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi -

This doesn't answer the original question, but here's a neat little 3D video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPqe7610TT0

It was shot with 2 Canon 5Ds (and some other cameras) & obviously not edited in PD.

Click on the 3D preferences to choose your viewing device. You can watch it in 1080p or the original resolution of 2048x1152 (select "Original" from the resolution drop down).

Fred - you're right - the term "3D" is used to mean a variety of things.

I found this definition of 3D Video at http://www.lesliesikos.com/glossary/
A video that enhances entertainment with the illusion of depth (the additional impression of the third dimension). Special camcorders equipped with two separate lenses are used to record ~. Similar effects can be created from conventional video by adding an offset, however, the quality is not the same. An appropriate TV, an advanced Blu-ray player and special glasses are required for playback.

I know it's not helpful. Just sharing.

Cheers - Tony

[Post New]
"I have zip, zilch & zero experience with 3D shooting, editing or production - so I admit I'm completely unqualified to comment. "
I have to say its pretty awesome! Its not so much different from regular shooting but you got to keep distances in mind while zooming in or out. I shall post a link here little later to my little test. But then again, 3d wont show on r screens ;) Hoping that PD 10 will come up sooner than later with this 3D editing option. Competition is out there already but Id rather wait for a while as PD is my "home"..

James Dotson
[Post New]
If you can attach about 10 seconds of raw video footage others without 3D cameras can test it if they like. I would be interested is seeing the clips from other brands of camera. I don't know if your camera takes separate left and right view. That's how mine does it. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately, I've lost/mislaid/forgotten etc etc a small mounting bolt that completes my 3D 2 camera setup so I cannot attach an image - well I could, but it would only have 1 off centre camera so it would be a bit pointless. I have used 2 sanyo HD 1010's set 67 mm apart - if you have a big head maybe you need more separation and vice versa - and adjusted and produced the 3D in "another" software before doing the final editing in PD.

Quite good fun and pretty effective - except for an unsynchronised zoom or two which makes you go really "giddy". Both cameras do actually respond to one remote control so the unsynchronisation is due to operator error.

Since Cranston has not got any (yet) despite my urging, maybe PD10 3D will come with free glasses - rock on.

cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.