Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[Tip] Remove "Dear Friends"
[Post New]
I have made a slide show using several still and at the beginning is a still which is obviously part of PD6. The still is a lined page with "dear friends" at the top.
Does anybody know how I can get rid of it.?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 21. 2007 04:36

I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Brian,

Please view the attached image. The Collage background image you refer to is easy enough to alter.
Look in: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\CellSlideShow\8Stacks

The file name is: woodbg720x540.JPG

Substituting the file with one you've altered is fine BUT you must retain the same name and dimensions. I've not played around with any script changes simply removed the "Dear Friends" using an Image Editor.

Let me know if you want help on this... or even show me what you've come up with to replace the background for the Collage option. I think you have my email address.

Dafydd
 Filename
screencap115.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Display without the "Dear Friends"
 Filesize
89 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
48 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 13. 2007 03:59

[Post New]
Thanks for the info Dafydd.
I have replaced the "my friend" jpg with a plain black board.
Again, Thanks for your help
I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Brian,

I've looked at the script used for the Collage slideshow and for the others - I probably could make a few "add-on" personal build ones. If you feel like experimenting at trying them out. Let me know if you're willing to review them and of course when I've a few minutes to play....

Basically they should auto-install and be useable just like the other slideshows.... to start with they might be a bit "rough" as I experiment to find the acceptable one. I'll experiment first of course.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi everybody,

I had a few minutes spare so i made a short video Take a look.

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/50/swansea-abertawe-airshow/

Dafydd
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Thanks for the airshow video, you have shown what can be done with a bit of imagination.

But you have not explained how it was done.

It was necessary for me to contact Dafydd for more information and with his help this is how I changed the "Dear Friends" text.

First of all you need to locate the file and import into a photo editor, I could have used Adobe Photoshop, but used PhotoImpact because that is the program Dafydd uses.
Start
My Computer
Local Disc C:
Program Files
Cyberlink
Power Director
CellSlideShow
8Stacks
Import the file named woodbg 720x540 JPG image into your photo editor.

Now, the first thing I did was to enlarge the image to 200%, that makes it much easier to edit.DO NOT change the size of the image, it must remain as 720x540.
I used the Retouch-Dodge tool to erase "Dear Friends", there is a slight colour variation using this tool, I should have used paint brushes and the eye dropper tool, but I am still experimenting with those tools

When adding text, choose the style, font and colour you want to use, but create one line at a time only, because you need to use the Transform Tool to realign the text between the lines, which are on an angle, I also used this tool to drag the text to increase the font size.
Try to keep your text to the top half of the page only.
At this time you can also add an image to the page as well if you want.

When finished, save the file back to 8Stacks as a JPG image Q100 standard, It will ask if you want to replace the existing file, click yes.

You will want to be able to read the text before the images in your creation start to overlay, so after you have created your masterpiece in Collage style,again go back into 8Stacks and drag the woodbg 727x540 file to the front of your creation, you can then adjust the time to allow reading.

I am sure Dafydd will respond and tell us how to do it correctly.

Robert

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

Excellent input and thank you for writing everything up. I will add a bit more.

I'd use the Image Editor to create a layered file (where you have access to each added part of the image to reposition and to change, including any added text).

A layered file format = psd or ufo in the two image editors Robert mentioned.

After sorting out the positions etc in the layered image file and saving it, I would then create a jpeg file. The layered image file is the working file for changes and the jpg is the output/finished file for use in the slideshow.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2007 04:35