Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 9 gets stuck while writing or creating file at 20 to 30%
Sangeet [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2011 08:41 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I have recently intalled PD9. I have created my first vacation video which I want to write on a Blu-ray disc. The problem im facing is that afte i edit the video and go to either producr or create disc, the software runs till about 20% to 30% and then gets stuck without any error msg. I have tried this several times but same problem. Its doesnot creat Bluray disc or save as file or mpeg file. It gets stuch between 20 to 30%. See attached picture

Regards
Sangeet

[Thumb - Stuck at 21%.JPG]
 Filename
Stuck at 21%.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
See example - stuck at 21%
 Filesize
85 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
425 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sangeet,
Thank you for the screenshot and information.
I'd like another screenshot from you please, one of the Edit Workspace, especially showing the track content. I'd like to see what you have in the media library please.

Please look closely at your project - what's at the 20-30% point that may be causing the problem. Isolate it and see if the project creates a file.

I note you mentioned the problem occurs even when writing a file (mpg). this indicates that it isn't a Create disc issue (menu issue) but one where the content has an issue.

If you've used an audio file or a corrupt video clip you may need to replace or re-render that particular media.

Sangeet [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. Will try and let you know
Sangeet [Avatar]
[Post New]
here is the screenshot of edit screen

Basically im using HD video clips and some mp3 files for background music. This is total 1 hr and 30 min flim
[Thumb - edit.JPG]
 Filename
edit.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
354 time(s)
[Post New]
Sangeet;
Did you update your video driver as suggested during the last issue?:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/preList/18121/93007.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20. 2011 08:21

Sangeet [Avatar]
[Post New]
yes I did....
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Sangeet,
I see you have Sanyo files in your project.

1. What frame size are the video files?
1-1 What sanyo camera are you using?
1-2 What was your video size and frame rate selection in the camera?
2. You appear to have applied Fix/Enhance to every clip - what was the selection and change you made?
3. You haven't any thumbnail images in your media Library - It would help to view these please. I want to see if you're allowing shadow edit files. Please provide a suitable screenshot with all details showing.

You do not have a particularly powerful video editing computer. Your Ram is not at the maximum and that limitation will affect rendering of a project with too many additions, an over indulgence of corrective editing. The use of "Fix/Enhance" on every clip is worrying.

Sangeet [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

First of I just want to thank you from bottom of my heart for all your help. Today I spent the entire day experimenting on this and this is what I did :-

I created a 1 hr 30 min HD movie (screen shot was sent to you) and tried buring it as Blu ray (create a folder) - this did not work. Buring stopped at 26%

Next I created a 12 mins video from the same clips (HD from sanyo camera) and tried buring it (create a folder) and it worked fine. I was able to create a 12 mins HD video (Blu-ray)

Next I used same clips and created a 35 mins video (HD) and started buring it. The burn process went well till 83% and then gave error code eC0030011 (please see attached screenshot)

Now answering to your question :-

1. What frame size are the video files? ===== 1920X1080 i.e. Full HD (16:9), mpeg4, 30fps
1-1 What sanyo camera are you using? -====== Sanyo Xacti Full HD camcorder VPC SH1[/u][/u]
1-2 What was your video size and frame rate selection in the camera? ========1920X1080 / 30 fps / mpeg4
2. You appear to have applied Fix/Enhance to every clip - what was the selection and change you made?=========
This is now removed. above experiments were done without fix/enhance.
3. You haven't any thumbnail images in your media Library - It would help to view these please. ======= i actually remove them after editing or just before burning
I want to see if you're allowing shadow edit files. ========= [b] What is a shadow files. =======can you please explain.

Please provide a suitable screenshot with all details showing. ======= [b] - Attached.

Do you think I need a better graphic Card ?

[Thumb - screenshot.JPG]
 Filename
screenshot.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
acreenshot
 Filesize
113 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
366 time(s)
[Thumb - Error.JPG]
 Filename
Error.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
This is the error I got
 Filesize
90 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
368 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Sangeet,
Error message: You are "out of system memory".

1. 1080 footage should only be edited on your system using Shadow edit files.
2. You are not allowing the shadow edit files to be produced BEFORE you edit.
3. Your system is being overloaded with tasks to edit HD footage the PC can NOT cope with.
4. You can only edit a small amount with 1080 on your current PC. If you edited 720p 29.97fps you could do a heck of a lot more AND not have to wait for Shadow Edit files - you could uncheck that option in Preferences. Your system could cope better - it will not be perfect but could just cope with the HDlite demands.

Use your sanyo and put the settings to 720p 30fps and NO MORE, that's the limit of your PC's capability.
Add more RAM - max it to 4.0 (3.9) GB for your XP set up.

Sangeet, you really need a new computer not just a GPU.

Shadow Files - see the icon in the bottom left of the video thumbnails in the media library. They're yellow, that's because you have Shadow edit file generating with PD. They turn to a green icon when completed. A shadow edit file is a "temporary" video file substitute, of a lower resolution, produced in the background from HD video. It is used to allow PD to run on weak video editing computers. This function can be switched off in Preferences. A pop up also in PD can offer an editor the option to start creating Shadow edit files. If you use Shadow edit files they MUST BE produced BEFORE any editing commences.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2011 13:42

Sangeet [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for all your help. I would not like to compromise on the Video quality and hence ready to invest on my PC. Given below is the configuration of PC that I have (I make ny own PC) :-

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 Ghz
Motherboard : MSI P43 Neo-F LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard
Video card : MSI N9500GT-MD1G-OC/D2 GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card with HDMI Output
RAM - 6 GB DDR 2 (the system information show 4 GB because of XP but its actually 6GB

When I made this PC about 6 month back I thought this will take care Full HD Video editing but maybe Im wrong.

Now I think I have 2 optins (I request you advice)

OPTION 1 : Upgrade this to Quad core and keep everthing same

OPTION 2 : But new motherboard + Processor + DDR3RAM
Please see above specification of Graphic card. Its 1GB graphic card so if required i can use the same OR if you advice or feel that this is not good we can get a new one.

All I can say is that I don't have indefinate money and every buck I can save will help. So just want to avoid over spending. I would like to build a decent and "value for money" system without compromising on quality.

If option 2 please let me know suggested hardware i.e. value for money.

Regards
Sangeet
Sangeet [Avatar]
[Post New]
At last ........I created my first Bluray vacation Video. This is what I did :-

1) Since my total video was 1 hr and 33 mins of full HD, I divided this to 4 videos and saved those on my hard drive as MP4 files @ 18 Mbps. These were 4 independent projects

2) Next I created a new project and just combined these 4 files without any editing and burned Bluray in first shot. No problem. Bluray disc was created in 3 hrs.

3) I think there was no compromise done on quality as the video looks great.

Thanks everybody for help.

Im still wating for reply on above email.

Regards
Sangeet
Sangeet [Avatar]
[Post New]
Have you installed the latest patch from above download link ?

Do you have about 50 GB of free space on C drive ?

Can you create MP4 file ?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Sangeet,
I'm sure members would look to answer your new PC requirements (search the threads on the forum) to edit HD with PD, please pose the questions as a New Topic.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25. 2011 14:10

RobertP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2011 17:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

Very helpful forum you have here. this is my first post but I've been reading plenty and solved a few of the problems I have run into.

This one was one I have been battling with today. My produce would crash at 19% to 25% on 27 minutes of HD.

I found a post on here that suggested unticking hardware acceleration in preferences. I did and it rendered with no problems and seemed to be at the same speed.

I still have a few other things to solve so I may start my own problem thread if I can't search out the answers. Hope it helps anyway.
Kajoy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 18, 2015 11:36 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Can anyone help me solve my problem! ((
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Karen,
Post your issue as a new topic please rather than jump into an old thread. When you start a new topic remember to mention what your problem is.

Remember to read the guides: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/87.page

New topic: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=87

Use the Search option - you may find the answer.

Thread closed

Dafydd