Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Subtitle Fonts and Properties - Wish List
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone. Is it just me or do others get frustrated that there is no way, at least that I can find, to have PD9 remember your preferred subtitle font, color, size, and alignment? Everytime you launch PD9, it defaults back to white Courier at 16 pt, left alignment.

I use a lot of subtitles to identify folks and places in the VHS conversions of home movies that I make, and it is really frustrating to have to go through the extra mouse clicks to set your temporary default for the session. I know that you can wait until the end and "Apply All", but Courier is wider than the font I normally use, the point size is larger so I have to verify each subtitle when created to ensure it stays within the "Safe Zone."

I would really like to have this little item added to the wish list for PD10.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I would like the Disk Subtitles improved also.

You can not change the default for Subtitles, but if you use the Title room, you can make a title template and save it for use over and over. You could create a template for the Font and Point size. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Carl. I hadn't thought of that. That would do the trick, though it would be much better if CL would consider allowing Subtitle settings to be saved in your profile or project.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor