Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT????
ProducerMelissa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2010 18:27 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
I know some of you might think this is a dumb question, but i am going to ask any way. What is SVRT?, What does SVRT do?

Thank you so much to any one that can answer this for me.

Melissa
Sony nv7802u
intel core i7
620 gb hhd
Nvidia Video card
Win 7 64 bit
DVD Burner

Melissa
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
CL explains it here

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/product-tutorial/enu/technologies/video-technologies-editing.jsp#2

Jeff
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone. Sorry to appear to be so PD9 illiterate (the truth will out!), but I have never used SVRT and it seems like perhaps I should be using it. When I first joined the forums some months ago and read about all of the problems with hardware acceleration and such, I assumed that SVRT must somehow be a part of that and I turned it off and never use it.

Reading the link that Jeff provided to Melissa, it would appear that SVRT might serve me well, IF it works as advertised. Right now I am working on project (home movies conversion): one version for my siblings and the other for family friends who are in about 40% of the sequences. I make the family friend version from the produced sibling version by splitting out the sequences that don't contain the family friends and then I re-render.

From what the link says about SVRT (thanks, Jeff), activating SVRT should radically reduce the production time of the family friend version of the video, or any videos that have been previously produced in segments and then assembled in a final project.

Is SVRT reliable? Are there any known issues/pitfalls? Is the quality the same? Your expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for taking your time, but my Dad always told me to ask if you wanted to know something. Now I am a grandfather and that's what I tell my kids and grandkids. Thanks. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
[Post New]
Whenever I can use SVRT3
Best when the original video is compatible with a standard profile of PD
When not combined, create new profile.
You should know that for DVD-Video files are created. VOB in interlaced mode, even for the original video so progressive in this case does not activate the SVRT3.
Experiment and make your conclusions.
----------
A good use for SVRT3
After you finish rendering a long video.
There's a scene that needs to be cut, add and edit the video ready saved in the same profile, will only render in that position.

(google translator)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 01. 2011 08:48

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate