Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with this week's updates.
gbainbridge [Avatar]
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: Dec 03, 2010 13:46 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
I'm running Power Director on a Windows 7 32 bit system. I loaded this week's update (v.9.0.0.2930) and I'm disappointed with the results.

The problems I'm having are:

Opening an existing edit I find that chromakey settings are lost and need to be reset.

Some shots are now out of lip sync.

Frame accurate editing is no longer frame accurate. Each time I run the timeline in the editor I get the cuts at slightly different points. The result is that word-accurate editing is no longer accurate and I get bits of the previous or next word. If cutting material which already has cuts in it, I get flash-frames as the edit is not where it should be.

Hardware acceleration not handled properly. If I turn hardware acceleration on, when I run the timeline, I just get a green-screen on some clips when there should be video. Turn H.A. off, and all is fine again. It's not obvious why it occurs on some clips and not others, even when they are clips from the same video.

This all worked correctly on the previous version.

I've attached a screen dump and a short video clip. The screen dump shows the green-screen problem. The video clip shows the sync problem and the variable cut points. The video should have ended with the graphic but there are a few frames of the next shot.

To see what it should look like go to noisemaker.ltd.uk

I've also attached a current DxDiag.txt file.

Gary.
 Filename
GB_DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Latest version of DxDiag.txt
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
263 time(s)
 Filename
SR_Clip.mpg