Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need Suggestions for New Video Card
DigitalVision [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2011 14:17 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone:
I'm working with PowerDirector9 and the latest video I worked on was downright painful because of my outdated video card. Any suggestions on what to purchase that can handle the program effectively?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Cheri
DigitalVision360
www.digitalvision360.com
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Assuming you have an available PCIe slot. There is a split group between ATI and Nvidia. I have had both for years and never had a problem with any of them. Looking at the PD9 requirements page does not give you but a few Nvidia cards.

I have the ATI (XFX) 5770 1GB memory, it works fine. I was using the Nvidia 4860 (?) with 500 meg memory. Actually I have two of those in a box out in the garage. Had no problems with it either.

As I had used ATI in the past as much as Nvidia I went with the ATI. But I am leaning towards going back to an Nvidia before long. Not that there is anything wrong with this ATI.....

I would recommend anything with at least 1gig memory (1.5 better) with DDR5. (which they all do now days). Depends on how much you want to spend. I got my ATI off Ebay (new) for 70 bucks.

Without saying what you have for a computer we cant really tell you much.......

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 17. 2011 18:12

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
DigitalVision [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2011 14:17 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
That's great. Thanks for the suggestions!

Cheri
DigitalVision360
www.digitalvision360.com