Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What's phtoNow's connection from or with PD?
Sanjit Keskar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2007 02:50 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I clicked on edit in some PD menu and was told that Photonow! was not installed.

I thought photoNow was a part of cyberlink's medi@show and other suites

Is this available standalone too or is it a part of medi@show and that the exe will be detected from within PD and open up to support editing ?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Reinstall PowerDirector 6.

PhotoNow is part of the program - if you opted during installation to not install it.... that's the reason you haven't got it.

PhotoNow is used to correct image deficiencies with access to it through PD.

Dafydd
Sanjit Keskar [Avatar]
[Post New]
PhotoNow IS nstalled - I checked in the cyberlink programs folder and the Add-Remove Panel

I tried executing the program from PhotoNow.exe but just NOTHING happens (program does not open)

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling only the photonow component but get "Application error" (Severe) when i tried installing from the PDR folder that contains the PhotoNow set up.exe and likewise powerproducer of whih it is also a part (maybe its not intnded to be executed this way and executes only as part of PP and PD setups - so this failure is understandable)

Could someone help and explain what could be the possible problem ?
Meanwhile i shall try on another PC just in case its something to do with the software i installed
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sanjit,

All you need to do is uninstall PowerDirector and then re-install PowerDirector. Photo-Now will re-install with the PD installation. (I can think of a couple of extra things to try but at this stage would rather stick to basics).

PhotoNow.exe should open up the program (C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PhotoNow) and can be used as an image editor - there isn't a shortcut for it anywhere on the PC - the program would normally open "through" an option in PD or other CL program.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2007 14:37

Sanjit Keskar [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tries reinstalling but to no avail

Any other ideas?

Thanks for all the help you give me at this forum
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Sanjit,

Let's see if this little issue can be sorted as well.

The following suggestions are aimed to remove photonow from your PC and then re-install it and PD together.

1. Uninstall PowerDirector
2. Go to Add or Remove in the Control Panel and uninstall PhotoNow! (if present)
3. Restart your computer
4. Go to: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\ and delete the PhotoNow directory
5. reinstall PowerDirector

The suggestions I have given should not harm your PC or effect PowerDirector - you carry them out at your own risk.

After what i have suggested has been carried out you should have PD working and PhotoNow should also work okay.

let me know how you get on.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Just an oblique add-on to this thread:

I notice in my own setup that PhotoNow does not create a shortcut for itself on the Start Menu. However, having said that it does run from within PowerDirector when editing a still and the exe file does run from the appropriate folder in Program Files\Cyberlink\PhotoNow. I realise that doesn't really help you, Sanjit, but it does "explain" the lack of shortcut is not confined to your case.

Hope Dafydd's suggestions work out for you.
Sanjit Keskar [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's something in my system that is preventing PhotoNow from starting up! I rolled back my system to an earlier time and installed PD and voila PhotoNow starred up from within PD as well as from its own exe