Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director has stopped working when uploading to You Tube?
Zadira Kindleriver [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Idaho Joined: Dec 26, 2010 11:42 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I am really hoping you guys can help. I have worked on this video for two weeks. I was uploading it as a private video to test it out and I got the message "Power Director has stopped working". I clicked to find out the reason and this is what I got as a result:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PDR9.exe
Application Version: 9.0.0.2316
Application Timestamp: 4ce23ee6
Fault Module Name: CES_PlugIn.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.0.1.2309
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cd92670
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000000a91d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: c223
Additional Information 2: c22314e07acdad9b0d279892f0a1fd39
Additional Information 3: c848
Additional Information 4: c8482471516caf6fd990de8d16b7eb85

I have Power Director 9
I use Windows 7
Mozilla Firefox

I have made lots of videos using this program but this is the first time this has happened. I was using the PRODUCE button to create and upload it to You Tube. I do appreciate any help at all.

Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD Phenom (tm) 9750 Quad-Core 2.40 GHz
8 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
[Post New]
I have narrowed this down a bit. The problem does not come from uploading to You Tube, apparently this is a problem when I try to produce the video. I tried not going through the You Tube Produce button and tried to just produce the video and I could produce it at a very low quality but the problem happens again when I tried to produce it at High Quality Video for a WMV file.

I wish I understood more about all this. I hope someone can help. Windows 7 Home Premium
8 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Stephani, hi

Is this your first production with PD9, or have you produced sucessfully before this?
It's not easy- or pehaps possible, to more or less guess what can be the reason(s) for the crash.
People here will try to help you, but we need more information;
the dxdiag of your computer
(find recipy for that here:http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page)
Read the part about the dxdiag first (part B)- and don't get freaked out by the long list on the page.

Also it will be helpful if you give the facts about your source-clips,
and what produce-templates you have tried besides .wmv

Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
[Post New]
Hi Nina! thank you so much for your help!

Here is my DX info. I have made several videos with PD 9. This is the first time that I have encountered any problems.
I make videos for an online game I play called Free Realms. I use FRAPS to take the footage and piece them together in PD. I went to look and the fraps files are .avi.

Here is a link to my Channel so you can see what how they normally look.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZadiraKindleriver?feature=mhee

I have not tried using any other templates besides .wmv for these types of videos.

Again... thank you so much for your help.

Filename
Lindas 64 bitDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
273 time(s)
 Filename
LindasDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
268 time(s)
Windows 7 Home Premium
8 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
[Post New]
Stephani;

Thanks for the DXDIAG file...alot!! I will provide some answers and others will come in (hopefully Nina comes back) and help.

Quote: I have made several videos with PD 9. This is the first time that I have encountered any problems.

If you retry one of your old productions can you complete the upload without error?? This will help tell if some file inside the new production is causing the error now.
Quote: I could produce it at a very low quality but the problem happens again when I tried to produce it at High Quality Video for a WMV file.

A couple of things could contribute to this error:

1. You appear to be running build 2316 of Powerdirector. Is this a fully registered version? Can you click on the word POWERDIRECTOR in the upper right of the program and verify the version/build (I am running 9.0.0.2702)
Updates for the program are Here: http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

2. Your video drivers are an older version. Nvidia has released a new WHQL version for your chip. There have been two major updates since your driver date:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-275.33-whql-driver.html

Do one and two, reboot and try the new project again. Let us know if this helped/worked.

One major problem remains for you to be aware of in case none of this works. Your embedded graphic chip (NVIDIA GeForce 9100) only has 256 MB of video memory. This is far below Cyberlink supported levels. The problem is, in order to add a Graphic card, you MIGHT need to upgrade your power-supply (as it is only 300W) to support it. There are many here with options/opinions on this, too...so start with 1 & 2 above...hope this helps.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 02. 2011 19:48

[Post New]
Oh wow! This is great help..
-goes to try these very helpful suggestions-

also.. wanted to say that I changed my user name in case anyone was confused. ;D Windows 7 Home Premium
8 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
[Post New]
I guess I better stop calling you Stephani!!! (unless one is your GAME NAME).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2011 19:58

[Post New]
Quote: I guess I better stop calling you Stephani!!! (unless one is your GAME NAME).

Ha ha! Actually, Stephani is my daughter's name. She bought PD for me for Christmas and she had to use her name for the download info. LOL Zadira IS my game name

Well, guess what Fred! When I downloaded the update for PD it fixed what ever the problem was. I can't thank you enough! I had no idea there was an update and no telling how much better this amazing program is now!

Thank you again and thank you Nina for all your help! Windows 7 Home Premium
8 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System